OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Re: [dita] DITA Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 20 July 2010

I take responsibility of this issue as part of the greater spec generation initiative that Robert and I signed up for.


Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 20, 2010, at 5:45 PM, "Bruce Nevin (bnevin)" <bnevin@cisco.com> wrote:

I thought I was quoting what Don said about it. My mistake, surely.
Kris, Seth, do you accept the following as the amended item 4?
4.  ITEM: PDF broken links
  o reported by Su-Laine Yeo.
ACTION: Kris: fix links that are broken in source.
ACTION: Seth: fix links that are improperly rendered in PDF.
If not, how should the amendment read?

From: Su-Laine Yeo [mailto:su-laine.yeo@justsystems.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 20, 2010 3:11 PM
To: Bruce Nevin (bnevin); dita@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: RE: [dita] DITA Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 20 July 2010

Hi Bruce,


Thanks for taking minutes. Regarding item #4, on the broken links in the PDF file, this issue was not resolved before the meeting. IIRC, there was an action item for Seth to address the links that were broken as a result of the production process, and another action item for Kris to fix the links to an obsolete topic. I think Kris might have volunteered to fix the other broken links that are in the source topics as well.




Su-Laine Yeo
Solutions Consultant

JustSystems Canada, Inc.
Office: 778-327-6356


XMetaL Community Forums: http://forums.xmetal.com/






From: Bruce Nevin (bnevin) [mailto:bnevin@cisco.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 20, 2010 9:11 AM
To: dita@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [dita] DITA Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 20 July 2010


DITA Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 20 July 2010


Chaired by Don Day <donday@bga.com>
Minutes recorded by Bruce Nevin <bnevin@cisco.com>


The DITA Technical Committee met on Tuesday, 20 July 2010 at 08:00am PT for 55 minutes.


Minutes for
DITA TC Wiki: http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/FrontPage
8:00-8:05 Roll call


Approve minutes from previous business meeting:
- Moved by Don, seconded by Bruce, passed by acclamation.


Subcommittee/liaison reports:
- None today.


Action Items:
- Few and not urgent.
- Su-Laine: AntennaHouse willing to give us a license if we give credit in the spec. We agree. They need info about platforms to support.




1. Public Review Comments:
Decision last week was to track comments in a wiki page; Don has set this up.


ACTION: Don: contact those assigned to begin work on comments.
ACTION: Don: Determine whether or not the Chair can by proxy subscribe TC members to the comment email feed.


2.  DITA 1.1 errata:
  o http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita/email/archives/201007/msg00012.html (Sirois, 13 July 2010)
(Not XSD errata.) Eric Sirois will create a new package. Moving link to public location requires TC vote. On next week's agenda.


3.  ITEM: Kris's list of "items we failed to capture on a wiki page"
  o http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201007/msg00054.html (Eberlein)
    - Add consistent metadata to DITA files, especially copyright
    - Clean up inconsistent tagging, especially vis-a-vis normative terms
    - Improve linking
    - Correct any build errors
    - Remove old revision tracking information
    - Clean up SVN, remove any duplicate files


Agenda items 3 and 5 remain open for input, particularly from Robert.
ACTION: Kris: combine items 3 and 5 on the agenda.


4.  ITEM: PDF broken links
  o reported by Su-Laine Yeo.
Resolved before start of meeting.


5.  ITEM: DITA source file provenance (per Eberlein)
  o "One item for today's meeting would be to better aggregate the various items concerning the DITA source files that have been proposed for activity during the public review. I've gone searching and located the following lists:"
    - Work plan: Items that can be completed during the public review:
    - http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/workPlan2
    - DITA 1.2 specification: Authoring and editorial issues:
    - http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/DITA_1.2_specifications%3A_Authoring_and_editorial_guidelines
Combine with item 3, see action there.


6.  ITEM: Testimonials from organizations using DITA 1.2
  o http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201007/msg00048.html
Seth listed a page for this. Needs a more prominent location. This location needs to be publicly accessible, and the public needs to be able to edit so as to provide their testimonials, but not able to modify others' submissions. Don: they could use the comment mechanism, and someone on the TC could transcribe into the internal location. Link to comments is on the TC's public frontpage.


ACTION: Don: add to agenda for next week item to step through this process.
ACTION: JoAnn: update the Adoption TC paper on this.


7.  ITEM: Conditional processing of rev attribute
  o http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201007/msg00035.html (Yeo)


ACTION: Don: track this comment and its resolution on the TC's wiki.
ACTION: Kris: clear up ambiguities on this in the spec.


8.  ITEM: Use of Syntax elements
  o http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201007/msg00044.html
  o Other inputs to gather? (Pickett, Vasquez, others?)
Tony will register this item on the Adoption TC's feature article list. Need to advise him of relevant resources, such as Deborah Pickett's SVG handler.
Eric will look into IBM materials that can be released. The algorithm has been documented for an inline WYSIWYG syntax editor developed at Cisco, and that spec may be available.


9.  Announcement: New white papers from DITA Adoption TC
  o http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201007/msg00043.html (Eberlein)
Noted with congratulations.


9:00 Adjourn

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]