OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.

 


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]


Subject: Minutes from 8-Aug-2010 DITA TC meeting


 

 

http://www.cisco.com/swa/i/logo.gif

Gershon Joseph
Technical Leader, Engineering
Product Development Services

gerjosep@cisco.com
Phone:
+972 9 892-7157
Mobile:
+972 57 314-1170

Cisco Systems, Inc.

Israel
Cisco home page

 

 

Think before you print.Think before you print.

This e-mail may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, use, distribution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive for the recipient), please contact the sender by reply e-mail and delete all copies of this message.

Cisco Systems Limited (Company Number: 02558939), is registered in England and Wales with its registered office at 1 Callaghan Square, Cardiff, South Glamorgan CF10 5BT


 

DITA Technical Committee Meeting Minutes
========================================


The DITA Technical Committee met on 3 August 2010 at 08:00am PT

Chaired by Don Day <dond@us.ibm.com>
Minutes recorded by Gershon Joseph <gerjosep@cisco.com>


Roll call
* Regrets: Eliot Kimber
> Quorum was achieved.


Approve minutes from previous business meeting: 
* http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201007/msg00083.html (Nevin) 
> Minutes accepted by acclamation.


Subcommittee/liaison reports

* OASIS DITA Adoption TC 
> JoAnn: Weve established an Asia-specific DITA Adoption SC to work through 
> DITA adoption issues specific to that region. If you have colleagues in 
> India, China, Japan etc. please let them know about this SC in case they 
> would be interested in joining.
> Don: Please put that announcement in the DITA and Adoption TC lists.
> JoAnn: I'm waiting for Mary to initiate the new SC and then well do so.
> In the meantime, anyone who is interested please let JoAnn know.


Action Items: 

* Items closed during past week
> None.

* Review open items
  * http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita/members/action_items.php 
> Action Items list has not been updated since last week. 2 overdue AIs need to 
> be updated.
> Don requested that, moving forward, Gershon (or whoever takes minutes) to 
> open action items as part of recording and posting the minutes.


Comments:

* http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita-comment/201007/msg00001.html 
* http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita-comment/201007/msg00002.html 
* http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita-comment/201007/msg00003.html 
* Archived comments: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita-comment/ 
* Public Review #1 Comments
  * http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/PublicReview1Comments
> ACTION: Don to go through the list and ping the owners of each item to 
> ensure they progress and commit to addressing them.

> C012 - Robert to respond to Tarun to clarify understanding of the keyref 
> mechanism.

> C013 - Robert: Oversight we should address.

> C014 - Robert: Spec is correct. Kris volunteered to respond to Tarun to 
> clarify.

  * Assign open owners 

* Testimonials from organizations using DITA 1.2 
  * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201007/msg00048.html 
  * Work opportunities to announce both the Public Review and the request for 
    Testimonials 


BUSINESS

* DITA 1.3 Proposal Process
  * http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/DITA_1.3_Proposal_Process 
  * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201007/msg00091.html (Anderson) 
> TC members were asked to review the Wiki and emails and well revisit next 
> week.

* New ITEM: DITA 1.2 elements needing styling and translatable strings 
  * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201007/msg00093.html (Yeo) 
> Gershon suggested taking it to the adoption TC to come up with 
> recommendations.
> Robert: Its really implementation-specific.
> Su-Laine: Im thinking a step before that, just identifying a set of elements 
> that would need to be styled at all.
> ACTION: Su-Laine to forward this email (with summary of todays discussion) 
> to the adoption TC and Gershon will add it to agenda of next Adoption TC 
> meeting.
> CLOSED.

* Announce DITA 1.2 Feature article and comments 
  * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201008/msg00000.html 
> JoAnn: Vendors (particularly CMS vendors) are picking and choosing a subset 
> of DITA 1.2 features they are formally supporting.
> ACTION: Gershon to parse the roster to gather existing CMS vendors so we 
> know who they are and post to the list. Also list other vendors.
> Robert, JoAnn and Gershon to prepare a presentation for vendors. Adoption TC 
> can sponsor it in partnership with this TC. Need to make participants 
> anonymous etc.
> Gershon offered for Cisco to host the WebEx to ensure the event is 
> vendor-independent.
> Robert, JoAnn and Gershon to take this up via mailing list and well keep 
> this item open for next meeting.


*** Meeting adjourned ***



[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]