OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: DITA Technical Committee Meeting Minutes

Gershon L Joseph
Product Development Services, CDO
Chair, OASIS DITA Adoption Technical Committee
Secretary, OASIS DITA Technical Committee
Member, OASIS DocBook Technical Committee
E-Mail: gerjosep@cisco.com
Phone: +972 9 892 7157
Mobile: +972 57 314 1170

This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, use, distribution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive for the recipient), please contact the sender by reply email and delete all copies of this message.

DITA Technical Committee Meeting Minutes

The DITA Technical Committee met on 17 August 2010 at 08:00am PT

Chaired by Don Day <dond@us.ibm.com>
Minutes recorded by Gershon Joseph <gerjosep@cisco.com>

Roll call
* Regrets: Kris Eberlein, Seth Park
> Quorum was achieved.

Approve minutes from previous business meeting:
* http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201008/msg00050.html (Nevin)
* http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201008/msg00052.html (link clarification, Nevin)
> Minutes accepted by acclamation.

Subcommittee/liaison reports

OASIS DITA for the Web 2.0 Subcommittee (Mark and John jointly) 
* http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/WebSubcommittee/Accomplishments_2009_2010 (for today) 
> Mark went through the list of accomplishments.
> Mark Mentioned that the goals are listed on their SC’s homepage.
> Mark also ran through the areas of interest. Artifacts (knowledge base) are 
> on the SC's Wiki page.
> DITA Microformats white paper (includes use cases). To document these use 
> cases, we need to recruit more members. Asked for anyone on the TC who knows 
> of folks who could contribute should join the SC.
> John reiterated that folks should review the resources in the KB. There is a 
> lot of useful information / presentations there, including video and 
> presentation recordings.
> Don mentioned that this SC is finding new uses for DITA beyond tech docs.

OASIS DITA Pharmaceutical Content Subcommittee report scheduled for 24 August 
2010, James Averback

OASIS DITA Learning Content Subcommittee report scheduled for 31 August 2010.

Action Items: 

* Items closed during past week
> The 2 actions assigned to Don at our previous meeting have been done.

* Review open items
  * http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita/members/action_items.php 
> No updates on open items.


* http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita-comment/201007/msg00001.html 
* http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita-comment/201007/msg00002.html 
* http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita-comment/201007/msg00003.html 
* Archived comments: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita-comment/ 
* Public Review #1 Comments
  * http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/PublicReview1Comments
  * Assign open owners

> COO1 - John will address it.

> C003 - Not yet addressed. John will look into it.

> C004 - Still need to fix the broken xref. Robert to check status of this 
> with Kris.

> C005 – Eric back from vacation; will update the TC next week.

> C006 is in progress. Robert needs to update the spec (already responded to 
> list).

> C007 - Robert sent an explanation of the current behavior to the list. Any 
> discussion on changing the design needs to involve Michael P. Review next 
> week to see if anyone responded to Robert’s email.

> C009 - Don following up with Chris.

> C010 - No updates.

> C011 - Eliot has not started formulating his response yet.

> C012, C013 - In progress. Robert sent notes back to the list on both.

> C014 – Don will send Kris a note. Robert sent a response to the list. Status 
> should be changed to "in progress".

> C015 – Eliot thinking about it and will respond.

> C016 – Affects DTDs and schema and also the lang spec. Requires TC approval 
> since it’s a change. Robert agrees it’s a change we probably should make. 
> DECISION: The TC accepted to make the change to add @copy-to to <topichead>. 
> Mark as “in progress”.

> C017 - From here on will be addressed next week after folks have time to 
> discuss on the list.

* Testimonials from organizations using DITA 1.2 
  * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201007/msg00048.html 
  * Work opportunities to announce both the Public Review and the request for 
  * Gershon's list of vendor representation on TC: 
    * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201008/msg00019.html 
> Continued. Discuss next week.


1. Announce: ePub version of DITA 1.2 materials 
   * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201008/msg00055.html (Kimber) 
> Eliot: I have not posted the epub itself at this time. I was more just 
> excited that it actually worked! Still QAing the processor to hunt down and 
> iron out any remaining bugs.
> Don noted that OASIS has updated their IP conditions again and will forward 
> the update email to the list.

2. ITEM: DITA 1.1 errata
   * http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita/email/archives/201007/msg00012.html (Sirois, 13 July 2010) 
   * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201007/msg00081.html (Sirois, small bug found) 
> Don: If it’s just a bug fix we’ll take it off the agenda, but if not we’ll 
> keep it on our agenda next week for discussion.

Ongoing checks

1. Lessons learned 

2. dita.xml.org page on build scripts (Stan) 
   * http://dita.xml.org/wiki/dita-12-specification-building-specification-subsets 
> Stan: I keep updating the sources. Revisit as we get ready for the 
> announcement.
> One of the issues we should think of in the background is testing against 
> the OT; if there are other implementations that people can get easily and I 
> can test against I’d be more than willing to do that.
> Don and Eliot suggested the EPUBs process be added to the document.
> Bruce: Adoption TC discussed a test suite and I wondered whether anyone on 
> this TC has anything to add. Perhaps anyone has content they could 
> contribute to it?
> Eliot: I think the adoption TC should host the gathering of use cases and 
> test suites.
> Paul: Test cases are tricky – how do you know when the output is correct or 
> not? My experience is that test suites are not simple to develop.
> Eliot: The only test case I have is on indirect addressing, which is the 
> only part of DITA whose processing behavior is invariant.
> Don suggested the Adoption TC does blogging or twittering about DITA 1.2 
> functionality that could increase user awareness and may push the vendors to 
> become more aware as well.

3. ITEM: Domain integrator 
   * DITA DTD Generator 
   * http://dita-generator.appspot.com/shell 
   * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200907/msg00116.html (Robert's message with more info) 
   * OASIS hosting of a Web GUI for this generator? 
> Don will remove this item from our agenda since it’s been delegated to the 
> Adoption TC.

4. ITEM: Request for input on DITA 1.2 use: 
   * Note new list below for collecting affirmations of use. 
> Remove from agenda.

5. ITEM: Review 1.2 list for items that should be considered for 1.3 
   * Update the DITA 1.3 list on the Wiki (Gershon) 
   * Action check: Gershon to add his research into the DITA 1.3 Proposals table. 
> Remove from agenda (tracked as action item)

*** Meeting adjourned ***

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]