Subject: Re: [dita] DITA 1.2 Review Comment: Thoughts on topicgroup, navtitle,and locktitle

On 8/27/2010 6:07 PM, Su-Laine Yeo wrote:
BECDDDED92C3B949A38F5BC4BF56D21F03EFDA80@van-mail.jena.local" type="cite">
In any case (this might have been said amongst the things that I don't
understand), there are at least five possible ways to process the
following markup:

<topicref href="Topic_A.xml">
	<topicref href="Topic_B1.xml"/>
	<topicref href="Topic_B2.xml"/>
	<topicref href="Topic_B3.xml"/>
</topicgroup>

To this example, I would add a classic possible specialization, which for me puts some context on what the base behavior should be:

<preface href="Topic_A.xml">
	<chapter href="Topic_B1.xml"/>
	<chapter href="Topic_B2.xml"/>
	<chapter href="Topic_B3.xml"/>
Here, I expect that the topicmeta/navtitle (however it got there) is meaningless in terms of the application, that groupness gave my processor a handle for logical processing of prefixes and page numbers for topics in its context, and that my results (in a ToC view) would be:

Preface ... page iv
Chapter 1. asdf ... page 1
Chapter 2. asdf ... page 7
Chapter 3. asdf ... page 13

Looks like case 2 to me. So in terms of application instances, when would case 1 or the others ever make sense?
--T.S. Eliot