Subject: Re: [dita] DITA v1.2 Review | @keys in a conref

In your example, the effective element after conref resolution is:

<topicref id="tr-02" keys="TR02" href="abc.dita"/>

By the rule that conreffing elements' attributes take precendence over the
attributes of the conref target.

Assuming that map1.ditamap is otherwise included in the map tree, then both
key TR01 and TR02 would be bound and both would be bound to resource
"abc.dita".

Cheers,

Eliot

On 8/31/10 11:55 PM, "Tarun Garg" <tarung@adobe.com> wrote:

> I am not able to identify the use of @keys at an element that is actually a
> conref. In case of a conref, the @href may be generally missing as that shall
> be derived from the referenced element.
>
> Say for example, in a map there is topicref element which is actually a conref
> to a topicref element in another map.
>
> In map1.ditamap:
> <map>
>          SS.
>          <topicref id=²tr-01²  keys=²TR01² href=²abc.dita²/>
>          SS.
> </map>
>
> In map2.ditamap:
> <map>
>          SS.
>          <topicref id=²tr-02²  keys=²TR02² conref=²map1.ditamap#tr-01²/>
>          SS.
> </map>
>
> What shall the key TR02 resolve to? As I understand, that resolves to nothing.
> Also, is there any specific use of such a key in a conref element, apart from
> defining a key that points to nothing. I am not ruling out the cases where
> such an element carries an @href as well. But in that case, the purpose of
> conref is undermined.
>
> Regards,
> Tarun Garg | Adobe Systems | +91-120-2444711 | tarung@adobe.com