Here is the information specified in section 3.4 of the OASIS Technical Committee Process. Please let me know if there is any additional information that you need.
(a) Link to the approved committee specification
(b) Editable version of specification
Included in the ZIP file above
The OASIS DITA Technical Committee certifies that all schema and XML instances included in the specification, whether by inclusion or reference, are well formed, and that all expressions are valid.
(d) Summary of the specification
The Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA) 1.2 specification defines both a) a set of document types for authoring and organizing topic-oriented information; and b) a set of mechanisms for combining, extending, and constraining document types.
DITA 1.2 includes the following new features and functionality, in addition to enhancements to existing elements and architecture:
- Keys and key references
- Enhancements to the conref mechanism
- Constraint modules
- Learning and training specialization
- New map specialization for defining controlled vocabularies and taxonomies
- Machine industry task
(e) Relationship of this specification to other OASIS standards
The work of the OASIS DocBook Technical Committee and the OASIS Open Document Format Technical Committee is focused on the realm of documentation. However, the goals and design of DITA provide different capabilities for potentially wider use. To our knowledge, this specification has no relationship to any other work of other OASIS technical committees or other standard-developing organizations.
(f) Statements of use
· Cisco: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita/email/archives/201010/msg00070.html
· Comtech Services, Inc: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita/email/archives/201010/msg00058.html
· IBM: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita/email/archives/201010/msg00060.html
· JustSystems Canada, Inc: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita/email/archives/201010/msg00069.html
· PTC: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita/email/archives/201010/msg00061.html
· Really Strategies, Inc: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita/email/archives/201010/msg00062.html
· SDL: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita/email/archives/201010/msg00074.html
(g) Public review
- The public review of the DITA 1.2 committee draft occurred 7 July 2010 - 5 September 2010.
· Formal announcement of the public review: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tc-announce/201007/msg00001.html
· Public review comments and their resolution: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita/download.php/39742/DITA1.2-public-review-comments.pdf
(h) Account of voting to approve the draft as a committee specification
During 6-13 October 2010, 100% of the voting members of the DITA TC voted to approve DITA 1.2 as a committee specification.
Here is a link to the ballot: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita/ballot.php?id=1953
(i) Earlier attempts to standardize substantially the same specification
(k) Minority reports
Kristen James Eberlein l DITA Architect and Technical Specialist l SDL Structured Content Technologies Division l (t) + 1 (919) 682-2290 l firstname.lastname@example.org Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail