OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: DITA Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 2 November 2010

DITA Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 2 November 2010
Chaired by Don Day <donday@bga.com>
Minutes recorded by Bruce Nevin <bnevin@cisco.com>
The DITA Technical Committee met on Tuesday, 2 November 2010 at 08:00am PT for 50 minutes.
8:00-8:05 Roll call
  o Regrets: Yeo, Joseph
> Quorum was achieved.


Approve minutes from previous business meeting:

  o http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201010/msg00139.html (Nevin)
    http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201010/msg00157.html (minor update, Hackos)
> Moved by Don, seconded by Kris, approved by acclamation.

Subcommittee/liaison reports: 
  o OASIS DITA Learning Content Subcommittee (John Hunt for today)
Not very active during spec approval process. Anticipate declaring that the SC work has been completed. Planning to become more active on the Adoption TC to promote best practices with learning and training content. As new needs are identified, this would be work of a new SC. John would be available as mentor to them.
  o OASIS DITA Semiconductor Information Design Subcommittee next week

Action Items:
  o Review open items: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita/members/action_items.php
> No changes. Kris and Don will confer with Gershon about updating the action items list with actions from minutes.


1. Announcement: OASIS Standard Approval Ballot, 15-day review period announced.

  o http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201011/msg00000.html

2. ITEM: Spreadsheet of voting members for canvassing

  o http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201010/msg00152.html (Eberlein)
  > 18 members of the TC, 23 representing a company with an organizational member. If all these vote we're OK, but for security we want to encourage more.  We went through the spreadsheet and added names of volunteers among us to contact additional company representatives. Kris will post the updated spreadsheet to Kavi.

3. New ITEM: Spec references to solidus character

  o http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201010/msg00155.html (Yeo)
Log this as a bug fix. It's not technically wrong. 
  > Kris: do we have a 1.2 corrections page? Don: we can put it on the 1.3 proposals page, and sort it out in few weeks when we get to that on the agenda.
  > Don: move that we put it in the 1.3 proposals page. Bruce second. Approved by acclamation.

ACTION: Don: Move the solidus issue to the 1.3 proposals page.

4. ITEM: Resume review of packaging survey (Buchholz and Hackos action)

  o http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201010/msg00159.html (Buchholz)
    - http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201010/msg00160.html (Nevin suggestions)
  > Defer to next week, when the principals can be present.

5. ITEM: TC discussion about post-1.2 packaging
  > Don: Defer until after the survey results are in.

6. ITEM: Review action item generated by this meeting
  > Done.

8:45-8:50 Announcements/Opens
8:50 Adjourn

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]