Subject: DITA Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 16 November 2010

DITA Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 16 November 2010

Chaired by Don Day <donday@bga.com>
Minutes recorded by Bruce Nevin <bnevin@cisco.com>

The DITA Technical Committee met on Tuesday, 16 November 2010 at 08:00am PT for 18 minutes.

8:00-8:05 Roll call
* Regrets: Park, Yeo, Eberlein, Bissantz
Quorum was achieved.

STANDING BUSINESS:

Approve minutes from previous business meeting:
* http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201011/msg00018.html (Nevin)
* Moved by Don Day, seconded by Dick Hamilton, approved by acclamation.

Subcommittee/liaison reports:
----------------------------
* OASIS DITA Pharmaceutical Content Subcommittee
No report this week

* OASIS DITA for the Web 2.0 Subcommittee next week

BUSINESS:

1. ITEM: Spreadsheet of voting members for canvassing (continued)
o http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201011/msg00021.html (Eberlein update)

Stan has provided text of a note that can be used for contacting Organizational Members. TC members should consult this spreadsheet for continued efforts.

2. ITEM: Continued: review of packaging survey (Buchholz and Hackos action)
o http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201011/msg00013.html (Buchholz update)
The WebEx session was canceled, so we did not  pursue this.

Ongoing checks:
2. dita.xml.org page on build scripts (Stan)

o http://dita.xml.org/wiki/dita-12-specification-building-specification-subsets
o Ongoing with goal of being current with review updates.

Stan has been updating the wiki page for subsets. Stan asked if he can post tools-based questions on the general DITA list. We agreed that this was an appropriate strategy. Could make the tools available for processing datasets for DITA 1.2.

8:15-8:18 Announcements/Opens
Robert: The note should be coming out today to start voting. Those TC members who are eligible to vote should do so, and then we will know where we stand as to our need for additional votes.

Don: Next week is the 23rd, a vacation day for some U.S. members due to the holiday on the 25th. We will still meet next week and pursue action items for wrapping up the vote.

8:18 Adjourn