Subject: RE: [dita] Consideration for Co-Chair position

No-brainer. Go, Kris!

Troy

-----Original Message-----
From: Don Day (LbW) [mailto:donday@learningbywrote.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 08, 2010 5:19 PM
To: dita@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [dita] Consideration for Co-Chair position

With the recent OASIS approval of DITA 1.2, the DITA TC is again on the
threshold of a new start, looking forward to DITA 1.3. In recognition of
the great work that Kris Eberlein has done in helping to manage the 1.2
project forward and drive the voting process so successfully, it seems
obvious to me, as it surely has to others, that Kris be afforded the
chance to become a Co-Chair of the DITA TC.  She and I spoke about the
role and we are both in agreement on the idea.

However, any such decision would have to be made by the voting
membership, so I am broaching this proposal so that we can discuss ahead
of time and possibly even vote on it next week. The process is simple:
with the resolution tendered, we need a full majority vote (ie, no
objection to unanimous consent of quorum). With a change of the
information in the home page, the change in titles becomes official the
next day.

What are your thoughts about adding Kris as Co-Chair to our TC?  I look
forward to hearing any concerns or endorsements to the proposal before
next week (our last good chance to be present in quorate numbers for a
month, remember).

--
Don Day
Chair, OASIS DITA Technical Committee