Subject: Reminder - DITA and Complexity

Hi everybody,

Last year we had a lot of discussion about the complexity of DITA. Coming
out of two different meetings, there was a to-do for all TC members to add
to a wiki page with specifics about what they are hearing - who is saying
that DITA is too complex, and why they are saying so.

To get that page started, I've put a bunch of items together based on what
I've heard. I've also added some potential solutions, but I think the focus
should really be on rooting out the causes before we move on to solutions.
In keeping with that, I've put potential solutions as sub-lists, so that we
keep the focus on causes. That is - if the TC determines that one of the
statements is better addressed outside of the TC, then we should not spend
time working on solutions.

Please take some time to add your own items to the wiki page, so that we
will have a more concrete starting point the next time this comes up:
http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/DITA_Perceptions

Thanks!

Robert D Anderson
IBM Authoring Tools Development