Subject: Re: [dita] Errata for DITA 1.2 - filename convention for DTD constraintmodules.

Hi Eliot,

In domains and/or topic specialization the domains attribute contribution is defined in the .ent.  For constraints, I would rather see the definition of the domains attribute contribution in a .mod file as the exception versus the norm.

I would propose the following based one the following scenarios:
   1) Restriction of choice elements in a domain.
          - domains attribute contribution is defined in a .ent file.
   2) Restriction of content models
          - domains attribute contribution is defined in a .mod file.
   3) (1) and (2) for a constraint
          - domains attribute contribution is defined in a .ent file.

This allows us to remain consistent with the rest of the spec when dealing with constraints.  That would mean that the cases like strictTaskbodyConstraint.mod is still valid and in the case listed below the domains attribute contribution is defined in the .ent.

To summarize,  a domains attribute contribution must be defined in a .mod file if and only if a .ent file does not exist for a particular constraint.

Does that make sense?

Kind regards,
Eric

Eric A. Sirois
Staff Software Developer
DB2 Universal Database - Information Development
DITA XML Schema Architect and DITA Open Toolkit Developer
IBM Canada Ltd. - Toronto Software Lab
Email:
esirois@ca.ibm.com
Phone:(905) 413-2841

Blue Pages (Internal)

"Transparency and accessibility requirements dictate that public information and government
transactions avoid depending on technologies that imply or impose a specific product or
platform on businesses or citizens" - EU on XML-based office document formats.