Subject: Re: [dita] Publishing <topichead>

Hi Tarun,

A topichead does imply a container heading, so for a TOC this results in a
hierarchy change. The same is true of other topicref elements that specify
a title, but do not reference a topic; that is, <topichead
navtitle="Sample"/> with no other attributes is equivalent to <topicref
navtitle="Sample"/> with no other attributes.

Using the Example in the specification [1]:
<map>
  <topichead>
    <topicref href="eniac.dita"/>
    <topicref href="system360.dita"/>
    <topicref href="pdp8.dita"/>
  </topichead>
  <topichead navtitle="Books">
    <topicref href="hardback.dita"/>
    <topicref href="paperback.dita"/>
  </topichead>
</map>

This would typically be rendered in a TOC as something like:
Computers
...ENIAC
...System/360
...PDP-8