Subject: Re: [dita] Question on conditional processing and keyref resolution

Not sure I understand your question. If there is no filtering applied then
it must be as though all elements are unconditional and therefore the first
potentially-applicable binding must be the effective binding irrespective of
any applicability attributes they specify.

You say "because its conditions match". Match what? Matching is only
meaningful in the context of applying filtering for the purposes of key
space construction and key reference resolution (flagging is not relevant).
So if no filtering is applied there's nothing to match.

On 2/8/11 12:52 PM, "Su-Laine Yeo" <su-laine.yeo@justsystems.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> Here's another question on keyref resolution: If the user has not chosen to
> apply any filtering, should key resolution still take conditions into account?
> For example, say you are processing the following information set with no
> filtering:
>
> <map>
> <keydef keys = "illustration-toner-cartridge-access-panel"
> href="graphics/PR2015-toner-cartridge-access-panel.svg" product = "PR2015"/>
> <keydef keys = "illustration-toner-cartridge-access-panel"
> href="graphics/PR3604-toner-cartridge-access-panel.svg" product = "PR3604"/>
> </map>
>
> <topic>
> <image keyref = "illustration-toner-cartridge-access-panel" product =
> "PR3604"/>
> </topic>
>
> Should the <image> be resolved using the PR2015 graphic (because it comes
> first) or the PR3604 graphic (because its conditions match)?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Su-Laine
>
> Su-Laine Yeo
> Solutions Consultant