Subject: RE: Refinements to DITAVAL for Flagging?

Hi Eliot,

I have designs for ditaval management and schema changes on the 1.3 requirements wiki. For instance, I want a "description" attribute so users and leave usage notes for other users regarding when to show/hide.

I'd like to go over them with you and anybody else that wants to revamp ditaval for 1.3.

-seth park

-----Original Message-----
From: Eliot Kimber [mailto:ekimber@reallysi.com]
Sent: Friday, February 18, 2011 7:03 AM
To: dita
Subject: [dita] Refinements to DITAVAL for Flagging?

I'm learning about DITAVAL for the first time in any depth and I'm seeing a couple of areas where it could be usefully extended, I think.

Have we discussed or has anyone else given thought to extending DITAVAL? I didn't see anything in the current 1.3 issue list.

So far I've thought of the following two things:

1. Better support for effectivity statements by allowing for example a keyref to the DITA content to use for the effectivity statement (so that the statement can have arbitrary DITA markup).

2. Allow either arbitrary values for @style on <prop> or <revprop> or allow all the values allowed for text-decoration in CSS 3. In particular, the current spec does not allow strike through as a value.

Senior Solutions Architect
Main: 512.554.9368
www.reallysi.com
www.rsuitecms.com