Subject: Anyone use <data-about>?

[I posted this same query on the DITA Users list.]

I'm curious as to whether or not anyone uses the <data-about> element in
practice?

I did a quick test and the latest Open Toolkit doesn't even recognize it
(meaning it doesn't have a built-in template for it).

It's been in DITA forever so I assume it was driven by some IBM requirement
at some point but I have never used it and haven't ever seen anybody use it.

It could be a useful feature (much as conref push is useful) but if no tools
support in a useful way it it's unlikely to get used much.

Just curious.

Senior Solutions Architect
Main: 512.554.9368
www.reallysi.com