OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: DITA Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 5 April 2011

DITA Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 5 April 2011

Chaired by Don Day donday@bga.com
Minutes recorded by Bruce Nevin <bnevin@cisco.com>
The DITA Technical Committee met on Tuesday, 5 April 2011 at 08:00am PT for 55 minutes.

8:00-8:05 Roll call

 o  Regrets: Ann Hackos, Kris Eberlein, others who are at DITA NA in Baltimore this week
 o  Quorum was established.


Approve minutes from previous business meeting:

 o  http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201104/msg00005.html (amended version by Don Day)

> Moved by Bruce Nevin, seconded by Dick Hamilton, passed by acclamation.

Subcommittee/liaison reports:

 o  OASIS DITA for the Web 2.0 Subcommittee-next week.
 o  OASIS DITA Help Subcommittee
 o  OASIS DITA for Enterprise Business Documents Subcommittee

Action Items:

 o  Review open items: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita/members/action_items.php

> Stan Doherty working on action 0121 re items deferred to 1.3, previously assigned to Gershon Joseph.


1. ITEM: Extensions to DITA filtering using subjectScheme classification
   o  http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita/email/archives/201102/msg00073.html (Jonatan Lundin, Wed, 23 Feb 2011 11:50:39 +0200)
   o  http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita/email/archives/201102/msg00083.html (Jonatan Lundin, Thu, 24 Feb 2011 17:32:40 +0200)
   o  Question by Don: Was this implicitly closed by recording the requested new DITA 1.3 items?


2. ITEM: FAQ item about "Key resolution for complex <topicmeta> content"
   o  Wiki review page: Review-FAQ-#1
   o  E-mail discussed 22 March:
      http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita/email/archives/201103/msg00046.html (Su-Laine Yeo, Mon, 21 Mar 2011 19:00:32 -0700)
   o  Eliot/Michael/Robert review: "Key resolution for complex <topicmeta> content": 

> Not yet closed, waiting for Su-Laine to complete; may need Eliot's comments as well. Neither on the call today. Kris's questions are still open as well.

   o  TC review: "What is the interaction between key resolution or key binding and conditional processing?":

> Comments from Michael and Robert went in the wiki yesterday. TC review still needed.

> Robert: these are separate items, and should be separated in the agenda. 
Don: concur, will make the change.

3. ITEM: Conditional processing before/after keyspace construction

   o  Draft FAQ item, drafted by Eliot: http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/FAQ-items#Q.Whatistheinteractionbetweenkeyresolutionorkeybindingandconditionalprocessing.3F
   o  Wiki page for review comments: http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/Review-FAQ-
   o  Need Eliot for this discussion. Not on the call today.


4. ITEM: Perceptions that DITA is complex

   o  http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201101/msg00051.html (Stan Doherty, Tue, 18 Jan 2011 11:28:35 -0500 -- recent e-mail on thread)
   o  http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita/email/archives/201102/msg00069.html (Paul Grosso, 22 Feb 2011 13:13:41 -0500 -- scroll down to bottom of e-mail)
   o  Wiki page: "What do people (really) mean when they say "DITA is too complex"?
TC review requested last week. Some pertinent suggestions in the summary of survey results. Robert: We need to understand root causes before undertaking any of the various possible simplifications. 


5. CONTINUING ITEM: DITA 1.3 process templates

   o  http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201102/msg00008.html (Robert Anderson, Mon, 7 Feb 2011 11:29:49 -0500)
   o  Wiki page: Proposed process for DITA 1.3 features
   o  DITA 1.3 proposal template (draft): http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita/download.php/41383/1-3template.dita
   o  http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita/email/archives/201103/msg00012.html (Paul Grosso, Tue, 8 Mar 2011 11:53:01 -0500)

> This is the template to be used. If experience indicates further change is required, we'll deal with it then. As an active agenda item for discussion, this item is therefore . . . 


6. NEW ITEM: Question on "Elements that may refer to elements within maps or topics"

   o  http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201103/msg00068.html (Yeo)

> Su-Laine is correct that this is an area that hasn't been discussed. Responses encouraged in email this week.


7. NEW ITEM: Question on @locktitle for topichead and topicgroup elements
   o  http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201103/msg00069.html (Yeo)
   o  Actions needed to update info?

> Probably no, it doesn't do anything. As Bruce said it just got pulled in with the attribute group. Some of the other attributes in the group are appropriate and needed. Robert will send his assessment to the alias.


8. NEW ITEM: DITA 1.2 Survey results
   o  http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201104/msg00006.html (Summary, posted by Buchholz)
   o  http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201104/msg00007.html (Full, ")

> We stepped through the summary of results PPT that Thilo and JoAnn produced. Appears to be representative (24 distinct companies), albeit with not as many responses as we would wish. Thilo will send PDF because open source software did not display slide 4 of the PPT properly. We need to revieew and discuss the more detailed documents as well as the summary. We will discuss further how to apply this information, particularly to the problem of perceived complexity.

8:50-8:55 PT Announcements/Opens
8:55 PT Adjourn

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]