Subject: Question: local content in <abbreviated-form> element with keyref

Sorry folks, yet another issue which needs to be scrutinized before
finally-final-finalizing item #3 here:
http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/Review-FAQ-

Consider this scenario:

system</abbreviated-form> helps a driver to stop.</p>

The spec does not seem to cover this scenario:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/dita/v1.2/os/spec/langref/abbreviated-form.ht
ml#abbreviated-form

For keyref processing in general, we have decided that the content of
the keyref-bearing element should always be displayed if it exists.
However, for <abbreviated-form> processing I'm starting to think that
local content should lose if the key can be resolved to a
<glossAcronym>. If we have local content always win, the only way to
have the feature work will be to leave the <abbreviated-form> element
empty. But to be safe, practitioners should put something reasonable in
<abbreviated-form> so that there is fallback text if the keyref can't be
resolved or if the processor is not sophisticated enough to do the
special processing required to render abbreviations.

Cheers,
Su-Laine

Su-Laine Yeo
Solutions Consultant