Subject: DITA Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 17 May 2011

DITA Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 17 May 2011

Chaired by Don Day donday@bga.com
Minutes recorded by Bruce Nevin <bnevin@cisco.com>

The DITA Technical Committee met on Tuesday, 17 May 2011 at 08:00am PT
for 25 minutes.

8:00-8:05 Roll call

 o  Regrets: Dick Hamilton; many are at the STC conference

> Quorum was established.
> Don and Kris will both be away May 24; Bruce will chair; we will need
a scribe.

STANDING BUSINESS:

Approve minutes from previous business meeting:
 o  http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201105/msg00018.html
(Nevin)
>Don moved acceptance, Stan Doherty seconded, approved by acclamation.

Subcommittee/liaison reports:

ACTION (Bruce): Advise the Technical Communication Subcommittee that
they are due to report next week.

BUSINESS:

1. New ITEM: <anchorref> in <relcell>
   * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201105/msg00020.html
(Nevin)
>This is a question as to how the Open Toolkit renders links for
<anchorref> in <relcell>. Bruce will resolve this with Robert Anderson.
If there is a concern about what the spec _should_ say, this topic will
return to the agenda.

CLOSED

2. ITEM: Perceptions that DITA is complex
   *
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita/email/archives/201105/
msg00001.html (Stan Doherty, TMon, 02 May 2011 13:51:09 -0400 -- recent
e-mail on thread)
   * Wiki page: "What do people (really) mean when they say "DITA is too
complex"?
   * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201105/msg00006.html
(Doherty updates)
 o  Are we ready to formally spawn this discussion into these two new,
continuing tracks?
     1. Triage of DITA_Perceptions list
     2. Triage of DITA_1.3_Proposals list
>We will reorganize the first three links above under a new agenda item
for triage (1) and defer triage (2).

ACTION (Don): modify the agenda accordingly, and in email announce
readiness for discussion on each item.

CONTINUED

3. ITEM: FAQ item about "Interaction between key resolution or key
binding and conditional processing"
   * TC review the draft: "What is the interaction between key
resolution or key binding and conditional processing?":
http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/FAQ-items#Q.Whatistheinteractionbetweenk
eyresolutionorkeybindingandconditionalprocessing.3F
   * Wiki page for review comments:
http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/Review-FAQ-
 o  Waiting for Kris to edit
 o  Close once we're ready to post FAQ item on xml.org.

CONTINUED pending Kris's action

4. ITEM: DITA 1.2 Survey results
   * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201104/msg00006.html
(Summary, posted by Buchholz)
   * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201104/msg00007.html
(Full, posted by Buchholz)
 o  Need TC's discussion on using this knowledge

> Thilo presented a summary. He and JoAnn will discuss and recommend
next week how the TC should proceed. Some may move to the Adoption TC,
some may be recognized as technical issues.

ACTION (Thilo): Discuss with JoAnn what advice to give the TC how to
proceed with the survey results.

5. ITEM: OASIS TC F2F Meeting Option

   * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201105/msg00007.html
(Don, fwd from Harnad)
   * Keep open for a while for discussion.

>This is about the opportunity for f2f meetings associated with the
OASIS symposium on cloud computing in November, depending on who plans
to be there. Doug is expecting to go. Would you go if sufficient numbers
of other TC members were present? (Kris needs to be present before we
close this item.)

OPEN for discussion

8:20-8:25 PT Announcements/Opens
8:25 PT Adjourn