Subject: re: DITA Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 31 May 2011

As I mentioned, DocBook has a web page that provides quick reference to its constituent parts, via one-line descriptions of each element and of each element group (parameter entity). Look at Part II "Reference" at:

http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/documentation/reference/html/docbook.html

Hope this is useful as a way to consider making DITA more accessible.

Note that creating something like this for DITA would require creating briefer <shortdesc> text then we currently have for most of the DITA elements.  The usefulness of the page stems in great part from the fact that the descriptions are concise one-liners.

- Nancy