OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: DITA Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 21 June 2011

DITA Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 21 June 2011

Chaired by Don Day <donday@bga.com>
Minutes recorded by Bruce Nevin <bnevin@cisco.com>
The DITA Technical Committee met on Tuesday, 21 June 2011 at 08:00am PT for 55

8:00-8:05 Roll call

 o Regrets: Thilo Buchholtz, Stan Dogherty

> Quorum was established.


Approve minutes from previous business meeting:
 o http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201106/msg00026.html (Bruce Nevin, 14
June 2011)

> Moved by Don, seconded by JoAnn, approved by acclamation.

Subcommittee/liaison reports:

 o OASIS DITA for Enterprise Business Documents Subcommittee (14 June 2011?)

> Michael Boses reported. Posted a white paper, but should not review it at this
point. We're focusing on restating this complex problem in a concise way for
presentation to interested persons in the TC. Working to clarify the issues that
organizations are dealing with, and how the TC might address them.

>The OASIS DITA Technical Communication Subcommittee is scheduled for next week.

Action Items:

 o Review open items: http://www.oasis-

Bruce closed Michael Bose's item 0163.


1. ITEM: Triage of DITA complexity list and potential solutions
   * Wiki page: "What do people (really) mean when they say "DITA is too complex"?
   * NEW: Stan's summary: http://lists.oasis-

> Stan's summary moved us off the wiki matrix. We were hoping for more email
discussion of items in the summary. The Adoption TC maintains a list of proposed
papers and feature articles. Is Item 3, concerning Jarno's shell generator, a TC
or Adoption TC issue? 

ACTION (Kris): Analyze Stan's list and separate ATC items from TC items, moving
items to the DITA 1.3 list as appropriate.

ACTION (Darryl): Establish sensible priorities for non-1.3 items in Stan's list of
'complexity' items remaining to the TC after Kris splits the list between the
Adoption TC and the DITA 1.3 proposal list.

2. New ITEM: Triage of DITA_1.3_Proposals list

> Our process is initially to determine for each proposal whether or not there is
an advocate. Dropped items remain in the record for possible reconsideration for
DITA 2.0.

> 13001: Accepted. Moved by Paul Grosso, seconded by Robert, approved by

> 13002: Probation until next week: No (bandwidth for) an advocate at present. The
current markup is adequate for static images, but not for more complex graphic
formats for dynamic images, interactive CAD models, and the like. Deb Bissantz
will check with Bob Beims to see if he will champion it. If no one is able to put
in the work, it will drop. 

> Elliot: there are a number of items like this that have to do with linking and

> ACTION (Elliot): identify items have to do with linking and addressing and
reorder the list so that they are grouped.

> 13003: Deferred for 2.0. <topicref> is already too overloaded. This attribute
would define the various uses of <topicref>, simplifying its uses. @processingrole
is binary: resource-only or normal. Michael believes it is backward compatible.
Implement it as an attribute domain specialization, as an optional extension; it
could be coupled with a constraint that removes the other attribute. But this adds
to DITA complexity

> 13004: Approved as an initial proposal. Key definitions and ditaval rules are
global to the map. This overlaps with items by Elliot and Michael. 
ACTION (Robert): Identify items that overlap #13004 and either consolidate them or
group them as overlapping proposals.

8:55 PT Adjourn

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]