Subject: Action item for proposal 13068: output for topicref pointing to one topic in a file

Hi everyone,

I took an action item last Tuesday to find out what parts of the spec are affected by proposal 13068.

Here is the original query from me on Feb 21, 2011: http://markmail.org/message/ekkjrs2ws5i4at35? .  It seems that there was a rule in DITA 1.1 saying that if you include a topicref to a topic in a composite document, all topics in the document - including peers and ancestors of the referenced topic - should be included in PDF output.

This language seems to have just vanished in DITA 1.2. Or was it moved somewhere else? I can't find it.

If it vanished without being moved somewhere else, all we need for DITA 1.3 is a statement in the change log indicating that processors do not have to follow the above rule.

BTW we subsequently discussed the issue in the TC meeting on Feb 22: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201102/msg00068.html

Su-Laine

Su-Laine Yeo
www.interelement.ca