Subject: Re: [dita] Proposal for IANA registration of Media Type for DITA ("application/dita+xml")

Thank you for the thorough research and roll-up of recommendations, Robin. I have added the work item to the DITA 1.3 proposals list as item 13100 (http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/DITA_1.3_Proposals) so that the DITA TC can formally approach your recommendations. I look forward to seeing how the formalization of this media type for related DITA resources (map, topic, ditaval, etc) may facilitate more direct use of the DITA standard in Web applications.
DITA and XML Consultant, Learning by Wrote
Co-Chair, OASIS DITA Technical Committee
--T.S. Eliot