Subject: Re: [dita] DITA 1.3 Proposal 13004: Scoped Keys

On 1/23/12 12:38 PM, "Eliot Kimber" <ekimber@reallysi.com> wrote:

> Based on my initial reading I'm happy with the proposal as written as far as
> it goes. However, there are a number of cases it doesn't address that I
> think need to be worked out.

7. Clarify that all key scope construction must occur *before* conref
processing is performed, as is the case with key space construction in DITA
1.2.

The proposal says the content of a key scope includes:

"The key scope-defining element¹s contents after conref resolution."

That's fine as long as we explicitly exclude any key definitions that are
present only because of conref. That is, if the result of conref resolution
results in new key definitions coming into the key scope, those definitions
are ignored because the scope's key space will already have been
constructed.

Because conrefs may involve keys, it is not possible to do conref resolution
before key space construction is complete. The alternative would be to
perform all non-keyref-based conrefs, then do key space construction, then
resolve the remaining conrefs, but that seems pretty twisted.

Senior Solutions Architect
Main: 512.554.9368
www.reallysi.com
www.rsuitecms.com