OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Minutes for 21 February 2012

Title: Minutes for 21 February 2012

Many thanks to Seth for taking last weeks minutes! The document is located at http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita/download.php/45220/minutes20120221.txt,  and I have cut-and-pasted the content below.


Minutes of the OASIS DITA TC
Tuesday, 21 Feb 2012
Recorded by Seth Park

Quorum was present
Regrets: Tom Magliery, Eliot Kimber, Thilo Buchholz, Don Day, Nancy Harrison (Conflict with travel to Intelligent Content conference)

The minutes for the meeting of 14 Feb were voted on and approved (moved by Kristen Eberlein (Kris), seconded by Michael Priestly); those minutes are here:


Subcommittee reports

Agenda Items
1. Agenda Change. Originally planned for a presentation from Gershon Joseph on proposal #13097: Troubleshooting topic. That presentation may be rescheduled.

2. DITA 1.3 Proposals - Stage 2

#13004 - owner: Chris Nitchie (Chris)- scoped keys
[continued from previous week]
Michael Priestly (MP) requests another week to discuss in more detail on the list and with the IBM user community
Chris agrees that more discussion will be valuable and expresses appreciation for the thoughtfulness being applied to this discussion (by Michael and others)

3. DITA 1.3 Proposals - Stage 1

#13102 - change tracking content in prolog - Joann Hackos
We started by looking at the maillist summary of the proposal provided by Seth Park (Seth):


Seth summarized the purpose of the message as clarifying the scope of this proposal as limited to the element domain for capturing change information in topics. JoAnn Hackos (JoAnn) agreed with the summary.

Chris Nitchie requested that if an element domain were created that it be usable by both maps and topics.

Robert Anderson (Robert) says that we should be fine if we leave the prolog as-is and specialize within the prolog. "Any domain that fulfills this purpose should work for both maps and topics. How do you plan to implement the domain, respective to the bookmap's bookchangehistory?"

Seth responded that Freescale already has an implementation which creates a new specialization called "changehistory", which uses the same ancestry but does not attempt to re-invent bookchangehistory and use it (or some specialization thereof) in topics. Seth expressed interest in pulling the bookchangehistory out of bookmap and integrating it back as a domain.

Robert confirms that it is too late to re-invent bookmap's bookchangehistory as a domain re: backwards compatibility. If the solution is a domain similar in structure to the bookchangehistory, a "mirror" domain is probably the right approach.

JoAnn motioned to move this proposal to stage 2. Seth seconds. Motion carries without objection.

ACTION: Robert Anderson will update the wiki page.

#4 @keyref missing from <navref> reference entry
Robert Anderson (Robert) suggests that this is not a simple bug fix because navref does not take @href. We'll need to discuss this in detail, as was done for #13104 ("Enable @keyref for <object> and <param>")

ACTION: Eliot to provide more details
ACTION: Kris to alert Eliot of his action

5: Meaning of @locktitle attribute
Eliot Kimber's email points out a possible ambiguous wording in the @locktitle description.

The group confirmed that there is no map-based way to push title information into topics. If we want to provide such a feature, it should be proposed as a feature request.

6. Conceptual Refinement for DITA 1.3: Navigation Tree
Deferred until Eliot can detail.

closed at 11:40

Best regards,


Kristen James Eberlein | DITA Architect and Technical Specialist | SDL Structured Content Technologies Division | (t) + 1 (919) 682-2290| keberlein@sdl.com


Santa Clara | March 5-6 www.sdl.com/innovate

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]