[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]
Subject: FW: Issues in DITA 1.2 schemas
Issues with the XSDs reported by a SDL developer …
Kristen James Eberlein | DITA Architect and Technical Specialist | SDL Structured Content Technologies Division | (t) + 1 (919) 682-2290| firstname.lastname@example.org
22 May | Amsterdam www.sdl.com/summit2012
Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail
I found some bugs in the DITA 1.2 schemas (http://docs.oasis-open.org/dita/v1.2/os/DITA1.2-xsds.zip) while working on the Trisoft 9.2.4 patch.
I generated sample xml out of the schemas and then tried to import them validating against the DTD. This is how I found these bugs.
· lcInteractionBase element
o Child elements defined in the schemas do not match DTD/online specs
· prelreqs and closereqs element are missing child elements
o No child elements are defined for these elements
· learningAssesmentBody, learningContentBody, learningPlanBody, learningOverviewBody and learningSummaryBody elements are not required
o Not required in the schema, DTD/Online specs says it is required
· Ditabase: glossGroup can be in glossEntry element
o Redefinition of glossentry-info-types and glossgroup-info-types is incorrect
· Ditabase: redefing glossGroup/glossElement is incorrect (it uses the same types as the dita element)
o <xs:group name="glossgroup-info-types">
o Info-types is pointing to the content of the dita element. This allows elements like topic, reference... to be in the glossgroup content.
· Ditabase: taskBody is not redefined
o taskStep is not redefined for the taskBody element, this makes it possible to have a steps-informal element. This is not valid according DTD/online specs.
· lcHotspotMap element contains too much attributes
o Display-atts attribute group and spectitle attribute should be removed.
· defaultSubject element should not have a collection-type attribute
o Collection-type attribute should be removed.
· abbreviated-form, longdescref should not be able to have content
o These elements can have innertext following the schemas. Should be a self-closing element.
· Childs/text in the element unknown should not be required
o You cannot add an unknown element without childs or text. This should be possible following the specs.
· lomStructure value attribute contains a restricted value “ -dita-use-conref-target”
o The space in the value should be removed.
· topicsubject element contains wrong definition for scope attribute
o Element has yes/no as possible values for the scope attribute. Should be local/peer/external/-dita-use-conref-target.
Something that I found that was different between DTD/Schema and online specs:
o lomStructure value attribute does not contain all possible values
o lomStructure value attribute is missing "mixed", "branched" and "parceled" as possible values in the schemas/DTDs.
Missing in the DTDs:
o Outputclass attribute is not defined for the topicapply and subjectref element.
I attached a zip file with fixes we did on the schemas.
Can you report this to the DITA OASIS committee?
Jan Bevers | Developer | SDL Structured Content Technologies Division | +32 (0)15 400 970 | email@example.com
22 May | Amsterdam | www.sdl.com/summit2012