Subject: What is involved in issuing an errata ...

Hi, TC members.

I've re-read the TC process document and asked clarifying questions of Chet Ensign. Here is what is involved in issuing an errata to DITA 1.2.

Restrictions
A TC can issue only one errata in a 6-month period.

Work artifacts required
At a minimum, a list of changes to the specification, DTDs, or XSDs. An updated specification is optional; change tracking is optional.

Process
  1. Putting together the work artifacts.
  2. Confirming by a full majority vote of the TC that the corrections "do not constitute a Substantive change."
  3. Submitting the proposed corrections for a 15-day public review.
  4. Recommending external stakeholders who should be notified of the review.
  5. Track comments received during the 15-day review.
  6. Repeat public review if any changes are made to the proposed corrections as a result of the review.
  7. Confirm the proposed corrections as Approved Errata by a full majority vote of the TC.

So, are the updated XSDs important enough that we should go through the errata process? We could address typos and other non-substantive issues at the same time; see http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/DITA1.2Errata

Co-chair, OASIS DITA Technical Committee
Charter member, OASIS DITA Adoption Committee
www.eberleinconsulting.com
+1 919 682-2290; kriseberlein (skype)