Subject: Re: [dita] Is a <tasksection> Element Appropriate?

I agree with Eliot's recommendation. It seems more appropriate to
specialize the troubleshooting topic from task rather than topic. This
structural change would allow that to happen. We need to be clear in the
specification, however, that we do not recommend multiple different sets
of steps in ordinary task topics.

We have also just encountered an issue with task that suggests a grouping
of steps. We have a machine industry case in which a group of steps is
associated with one graphic in a side-by-side configuration on output. We
would like to have a mechanism that would also us to define a group of
steps possibly with a title associated with a single graphic. Would
<tasksection> allow for that?

JoAnn

JoAnn T. Hackos, PhD
President