Subject: DITA 1.3 documentation -- shall we remove the Contains and "Contains by" tables

As we start working on DITA 1.3 documentation, we need to consider whether to include the Contains and "Contains by" tables in the Language Reference topics.

Pro = Useful information
Con = Makes it impossible to search the spec and find information about a specific element, since there are so many false hits. For example, if you search the PDF version for indexterm, you get over 130 false hits before you land on the actual topic.

Co-chair, OASIS DITA Technical Committee
Charter member, OASIS DITA Adoption Committee
www.eberleinconsulting.com
+1 919 682-2290; kriseberlein (skype)