Subject: RE: [dita] Implications of navtitle on a mapref

I don't have a definitive answer, but I've always assumed #1.

There's a similar vagueness in the spec for what happens to topicrefs inside
maprefs.

Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: dita@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:dita@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf
Of Eliot Kimber
Sent: Thursday, October 25, 2012 11:35 AM
To: dita
Subject: [dita] Implications of navtitle on a mapref

This question came up in the discussion of the new learningGroupMapRef and
learnhingObjectMapRef elements:

When a mapref has a navigation title, what is the processing implication? I
see two options:

1. Like titles of submaps, it's ignored for the purpose of defining the
navigation title hierarchy.

2. It applies to the first normal-role topicref descendant of the referenced
map.

I couldn't find anything in the language reference that answers this
question.

Do we know the answer to this question?

Senior Solutions Architect, RSI Content Solutions "Bringing Strategy,
Content, and Technology Together"
Main: 512.554.9368
www.rsicms.com
www.rsuitecms.com
Book: DITA For Practitioners, from XML Press,
http://xmlpress.net/publications/dita/practitioners-1/