Subject: DITA 1.3 progress

Hi, DITA TC members.

I am growing concerned with our progress with DITA 1.3. If we continue at our current pace, DITA 1.3 will be a LONG time off in the future. I think we need to -- and can do -- better.

I'd encourage TC members to consider what we can do to make more timely progress.

I've created a spreadsheet that summarizes the stage-2, stage-3, and completed proposals. It enabled me to sort on stage and proposal owner. (The Wiki pages are still the primary vehicle for tracking DITA 1.3 information.)

Here's a breakdown:

Owner Total # of proposals Stage 2 Stage 3 Complete
Anderson 7 6
1
Day 2 2

Hackos 1
1
Helfinstine 2 1 1
Help SC 1 1

Kimber 26 19 7
L & T SC 1
1
Machine Industry SC 1 1

Mark Meyers 1 1

Nitchie 5 4
1
Priestley 5 5

TechComm SC 6 3 3
TOTALS
58 43 13 2

Co-chair, OASIS DITA Technical Committee
Charter member, OASIS DITA Adoption Committee
www.eberleinconsulting.com
+1 919 682-2290; kriseberlein (skype)