OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Groups - DITA TC Meeting Minutes 19 February 2013 uploaded

Submitter's message

Minutes of the OASIS DITA TC
Tuesday, 19 February 2013
Recorded by N. Harrison

regrets: Chris Nitchie, Adrian Warman, Thilo Bucholtz, Tom Magliery

Standing Business
Minutes from last meetings:
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201302/msg00055.html (12 February, Harrison)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201302/msg00056.html (Correction by Eberlein) moved by Kris, seconded by Nancy, approved by TC
Proposed by Kris with her correction, seconded by Dick H., approved by TC

Subcommittee Reports:
Machine Industry SC; Chris Kravogel (SC chair)
Chris not present, so postponed to next week.

1. Christian Lieske (SAP) and his colleague, Felix Sasaki, are willing to join us on 26 February 2013 to provide more background about ITS locNote. Tc will invite them.

2. Eliot Kimber is working with George Bina (SyncroSoft) on RelaxNG for DITA (proposal #13112); they are storing code in a Google code project at http://code.google.com/p/dita-ng/


1. Continuing item: DITA 1.3 progress
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201302/msg00009.html (Eberlein, 11 February 2013)

Trello Board:
TC will use Trello to track out progress; the board isn't fully set up, but we're working on it; we already have appropriate lists and cards.
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201302/msg00052.html (Eberlein, 18 February 2013)
URL for Trello Board: https://trello.com/b/gPKH0OcF
As of 9:30 AM ET, the following voting members need to join: Deb Bissantz, Thilo Bucholyz, JoAnn Hackos, Don Day, Michael Priestley, Adrian Warman

Responses from TC members with two or more proposals
Kris asked each TC member owning at least 2 proposals to contact her; so far, she's gotten respnses from all but one of them, expect to hear from all by end of week. (NB: re #13089 - mark myers shoud have a response within a couple of days.

Kris also agreed to update the Excel proposal spreadsheet on the DITA TC wiki, but once we've made some progress, she'll update it and show itt on the weekly agenda.

NO responses from other TC members about DITA 1.3 priorities; we need to get those.

ACTION Item for all TC members
- to look at Trello board and respond with priorities, etc. on 1.3 proposals.

2. DITA 1.3 proposals, stage 1: http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/DITA_1.3_Proposals-triage

Ready for discussion:
Ready for vote (simple majority):

3. DITA 1.3 proposals, stage 2: http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/DITA_1.3_Proposals-stage2

Ready for discussion:

a. #13027: Allow in more places (Kimber)
https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/48293/proposal-13027-draft-comment-everywhere.html (HTML)
https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/46214/proposal-13027.dita (DITA)

Eliot gave an overview: the basic idea is to allow draft-comment pretty much anywhere it woudn't be really ridicuous. Proposal gives all those places. He's also created a test document that tests the ability to insert them in [almost] all those places.
- MichaelP; thst mesns thst every processor will have to handle a block element in the middle of non-block elements, so there will definitely take work for processors to implement this. The display might be non-standard (e.g., probably wouldn't want to put a block element inside a title, so it might end up getting rendered in the margin or something like that).
- Eliot; yes, processors need to move the content of the draft-comment to an appropriate place in order to display it.
- Kris; Earlier, the TC had concerns about this proposal being too broad; have those concerns been addressed in this Stage proosal?
- Robert agreed with MichaelP that this will take effort to implement, but, like MichaelP, he doesn't oppose it.
- Kris; Are there any use cases for why this would be desirable within a term or keyword?
- Eliot; If someone's tagged a term and I disagree with that, I want the draft-comment to be associated with exactly what I'm commenting on.

Resolution; vote on this next week.

***ACTION Item: for all TC members
Review the list of proposed draft-comment locations in the current proposal and identify any that seem inappropriate (see minutes for June 12 2012 for additional comments on the proposal, which Eliot did respond to).

b. #13029: Allow in more places (Kimber)
https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/48300/proposal-13029-text-everywhere.html (HTML)
https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/48299/proposal-13029-text-everywhere.dita (DITA)

Eliot gave the overview: As with #13027, the idea is to allow anywhere regular text is allowed.
- MichaelP; The original rationale in 1.2 for expanding the use of and was that they would be the basic units of reuse rather than have 'just' text.' It was a deliberate attempt to keep semantics and context together; this proposal woud basically reverse that 1.2 decision.
- Eliot; My perspective is that 'you can't legislate morality. I have an issue with using keyword with something that isn't really a keyword, just to
disallows tagging of parts of their contents. This is a particular problem for conref'ing those pieces of text.
- Kris; So, does this proposals basically reverse the constraints put in place in DITA 1.2?
- Eliot, yes, basically a choice between maintaining multiple strings for the same purpose, or needing an additional layer of conref.

Resolution; vote on this next week

Ready for vote: Voting options are "Yes," "No," "No objections," "I don't understand the proposal," and "I have reservations"

a. #13035: New XML-mention domain (Kimber)
https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/47212/proposal-13035-xmldomain.html (HTML)
https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/47210/proposal-13035-xmldomain.dita (DITA)
https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/47211/proposal-13035-xmldomain.dita.pdf (PDF)

This proposal was discussed last year; the vote was waiting on acceptance by the TechComm SC for its incorporation into their specialization. They've acepted it, so we can vote on it.

Voting results:
yes (unanimous) Robert Anderson, Deb Bissantz, Mike Boses, Stan Doherty, Don Day, Kris Eberlein, Joann Hackos, Dick Hamilton, Nancy Harrison, David Helfinstine, Scott Hudson, Eliot Kimber, Michael Priestley

Result: #13035 is now in Stage 3

4. DITA 1.3 proposals, stage 3: https://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/DITA_1.3_Proposals-stage3

Ready to assign reviewers
Ready for vote: Voting options are "Yes," "No," and "Abstain"

5. NEW item: Improving minutes and action items
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201302/msg00054.html (Eberlein, 18 February 2013)
Tracking action items: Kavi versus a Trello board

- Action items to be sent out immediately after TC meeting
- Text of minutes to be copied in e-mail sent to list when minutes uploaded
- Aggregated minutes: Would they be helpful?
Robert; that would be very helpful
MikeB; good for new members too
Don; couldn't it e avaiable in the wiki
Kris; not sure how this could be don as part of wiki pages.

ACTION item: for Kris, Robert, Nancy
Work on methods for creating and storing aggregated TC minutes.

closed at 11:59

-- Nancy Harrison
Document Name: DITA TC Meeting Minutes 19 February 2013

No description provided.
Download Latest Revision
Public Download Link

Submitter: Nancy Harrison
Group: OASIS Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA) TC
Folder: Meeting Notes
Date submitted: 2013-02-21 09:52:13

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]