OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Groups - DITA TC Meeting Minutes 5 March 2013 uploaded

Submitter's message
Minutes of the OASIS DITA TC
Tuesday, 5 March 2013
Recorded by Dick Hamilton

Regrets: Thilo Buchholz, JoAnn Hackos

Standing Business
Minutes from previous business meeting:
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201303/msg00013.html (26 February, Harrison)
Seconded and approved.

Don: US Daylight Savings Time in effect March 10

Kris: If you have a proposal, add a deadline in Trello.
There are several March 8 deadlines

DITA 1.3 progress
Progress between February 25 - March 3 2013: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201303/msg00014.html

Update on deadlines: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201303/msg00015.html
Trello Board
URL for Trello Board: https://trello.com/b/gPKH0OcF
As of 26 Feb 2013, the following voting member still needs to join: Seth Park

DITA 1.3 proposals, stage 2:

Ready for discussion:
Proposal 13056 Attribute Groups (Anderson)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201302/msg00071.html (HTML version)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201303/msg00003.html (and following discussion)

Robert Anderson: Described the proposal, which doesn't involve markup or attribute changes.
It provides a way to group information inside an attribute value without a specialization
by defining a syntax for sub-attributes.

After discussion, there are several edge cases that need clarification:
1) Is product="a database(db2 oracle) b appserver(WAS) c" equivalent to
product="a database(db2) b appserver(WAS) c database(oracle)"
Resolved as yes.
2) What if you have Product="group(s)" audience="group(y)"?
Suggestion is that the group sub-attributes are treated as being the same even
though they appear in different attributes.
Resolved as yes.
3) How do you treat an empty sub-attribute?
Resolved that the behavior should be the same as for an empty attribute.
However, there may not be an adequate description of the empty attribute
case in the current specification.
ACTION: Robert will re-write and send an updated proposal later this week, and if there
are no further issues, there will be a vote the week after next.
ACTION: Robert to update errata page to address the question of empty attributes.

Proposal 13107 - Default Scope, Format, and Type Values modified (Nitchie)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201303/msg00009.html (HTML, corrected)

Chris Nitchie: Proposal would allow the default values for these attributes
to be determined using the content of the @href attribute.

For example, if the value of @href is a URL starting with http://, the effective
default value for @scope would be external instead of local.

Discussion as to what values of @href should change the defaults. There is concern
that the rules could be very complex, with a large number of rules to consider.
Would this make it too complex, especially since the assumptions about which values
trigger this rule can vary and can grow as protocols are added?

Should ftp:// and mailto: be added to the list of prefixes that trigger this rule?

ACTION: Chris will add language allowing processors to tweak the rules and also
to accommodate some of today's discussion.
ACTION: Don to schedule a vote on this proposal for next week.

Meeting adjourned on the hour (0900 US Pacific time).

-- Mr. Richard Hamilton
Document Name: DITA TC Meeting Minutes 5 March 2013

Minutes for the March 5, 2013, meeting of the DITA TC
Download Latest Revision
Public Download Link

Submitter: Mr. Richard Hamilton
Group: OASIS Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA) TC
Folder: Meeting Notes
Date submitted: 2013-03-05 14:38:33

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]