Subject: DITA 1.2 Schema update

Hi,

Had a discussion with Bob Thomas a while back about some issues he was having while back when trying to remove mixed content from a number of elements.  In the current design, the element definitions define the mixed content on top of what's already defined in the base content model.  The issue is that you can't redefine an element with the current redefine mechanism in XMl Schema 1.0.  What that means, with the current design, is that you can't remove mixed content from those elements.

To resolve the issue, I need to remove the mixed attribute from the element definition.  It does not affect the validity of the XML Schema(s).  I've completed the update for the URI based XML Schema and will be updating the URL based ones today [We have two types of addressing schemes for import/includes for those parsers that don't have support for XML Catalogs].  I should be able to update the schemas in the SVN repository and the download zip file by the end of the day.

Kind regards,
Eric

<xs:element name="keyword">
<xs:annotation>
<xs:documentation>The &lt;<keyword>keyword</keyword>> element identifies a keyword
               or token, such as a single value from an enumerated list, the name of a command
               or parameter, or a lookup key for a message (contrast with
<xref href="">"term.xml">term</xref>).

</xs:documentation>
</xs:annotation>
<xs:complexType mixed="true">
<xs:complexContent>
<xs:extension base="keyword.class">
<xs:attribute ref="class" default="- topic/keyword "/>
</xs:extension>
</xs:complexContent>
</xs:complexType>
</xs:element>
<xs:complexType name="keyword.class" mixed="true">
<xs:sequence>
<xs:group ref="keyword.content"/>
</xs:sequence>
<xs:attributeGroup ref="keyword.attributes"/>
</xs:complexType>

Eric A. Sirois
Staff Software Developer
DB2 Universal Database - Information Development
DITA XML Schema Architect and DITA Open Toolkit Developer
IBM Canada Ltd. - Toronto Software Lab
Email:
esirois@ca.ibm.com
Phone:(905) 413-2841

Blue Pages (Internal)

"Transparency and accessibility requirements dictate that public information and government
transactions avoid depending on technologies that imply or impose a specific product or
platform on businesses or citizens" -
EU on XML-based office document formats.