OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Groups - DITA TC Meeting Minutes 7 May 2013 uploaded

Submitter's message
note action items:
- Eliot to update his deadlines on Trello board.
- ? publicize Eliot's webex presentation on cross-document linking to TC list

Minutes of the OASIS DITA TC
Tuesday, 7 May 2013
Recorded by N. Harrison

regrets: Tom Magliery, Scott Hudson, Jim Tivy

Standing Business
Minutes from last meetings:
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201305/msg00010.html (30 April, Harrison)
Proposed by Don, seconded by Adrian, approved by TC

Subcommittee Reports: (DITA Adoption TC)
Deb gave update; The Adoption SC is currently small (~6 members) and is looking for more members. Deb and Jackie Samuels are working on a white paper on roles and responsiiilties, Kris is working on one on subject schemes, that's it; to do more they need more members
Don was curious about whether there are any members representing tool vendors; Deb noted that the SC could definitely use more vendor members. Don suggested trying to recruit new members by putting a notice out to the TC list. Mark Myers said he might be interested in turning his Learning&Training domain usage paper from last month's DITA/NA conference into a white paper, and might in fact be interested in joining the SC.

Nest month (4 June): report from SIDSC, either Nancy or Bob Beims

Scoped key space construction, rough POC on GitHub; details at https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201304/msg00062.html (Nitchie)

1. DITA 1.3 progress
Progress between 29 April - 5 May, https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201305/msg00011.html (Eberlein)
Update on deadlines: http://chris.nitchie.com/trellotrack/#511a73d76ee890a51c0007ed
Trello Board: https://trello.com/b/gPKH0OcF
Kris noted, in her progress report, that one proposal (13004) went from stage 2 to 3; Eliot really needs to update his dates.
Robert expects to make his 5/12 deadline. For other upcoming deadlines, Robert will review and maybe move some of them. For 13007 in particular, Robert asked for some help in working on this proposal; it's his lowest priority proposal.
Mark Myers expects to be on schedule for his 5/21 deadline.

ActionItem - Eliot to update his deadlines on Trello.

2. DITA 1.3 proposals, stage 2: http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/DITA_1.3_Proposals-stage2

Newly submitted for discussion 14 May:
13092: ph in indexterm (Kimber)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201305/msg00005.html (DITA, uploaded 7 May)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201305/msg00006.html (PDF, uploaded 7 May)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201305/msg00007.html (HTML, uploaded 7 May)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201305/msg00008.html (working vocabulary modules, Kimber)

Ready for discussion today; please read before then:
13010: Sort as (Kimber)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201304/msg00066.html (DITA, uploaded 27 April)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201304/msg00067.html (HTML, uploaded 27 April)
- Eliot gave an overview of 13010. In response to a request for comments/questions, Chris noted that Eliot added the @sort-as to , where Chris would have expected it to be on . Eliot responded that he actually felt it needed to be that granular.
- There was an extended discussion on the degree to which this proposal adds to 'perceived complexity', since it will end up being allowed in contexts where there would be no use for it. Kris is concerned about this additionaly complexity, though this functionality is really needed when it's needed. Eliot noted that unless it's defined as a new domain, it has to be added to the base element set, and thus would need to be constrained in many situations.
- MichaelB noted that he didn't have a good idea ofwhat the use cases were for this widespread creation of @sort-as; he thought it seemed more like a PI than data.
- For DITA 2.0, we need to figure out a way to add elements only ins specific places, rather than adding them everywhere and having to add constraints. Robert added that to the list of 2.0 considerations (linked to from the wiki page).
- Don suggested that this might be a good candidate for an Adoption TC white paper, but Kris noted that with the Adoption TC being short-staffed right now, we can't count on them to have the bandwidth for these, the way we've been relying on them. That being the case, the documentation for this proposal for the arch. spec. needs to include a complete explanation of the fact that it (and other items) can appear as allowable even in contennnxts where there's no use for them at all.
- Eliot; We need to make it clear that what the TC is offering is not an authoring DTD, the best we can do is to provide shells that are appropriately configured for various types of use.
- Kris; We need to think of DITA as both an architecture and as the delivery of a set of different doctype shells. Note that for the stage 3 version of this proposal, we'll need to have included the proposed language ref changes, and in the general arch spec, we'll need language to reflect the complexity issue.
- Stan noted that we do have doc improvements for 1.3 spec, and offered to be the doc owner for this proposal; Robert will add this to doc list, with Stan as owner.
Resolution; vote on this next week

13041: Cross-deliverable linking (Kimber)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201304/msg00071.html (DITA, uploaded 28 April)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201304/msg00072.html (HTML, uploaded 28 April)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201304/msg00070.html (PDF, uploaded 28 April)
Eliot gave an overview on this proposal; he's planning to do a webex presentation, repeating the talk he gave at DITA/NA last month on this topic, for next Weds 15 May at 11ET/8PT. The presentation will be publicized over the TC list.

meeting closed at noon

-- Nancy Harrison
Document Name: DITA TC Meeting Minutes 7 May 2013

No description provided.
Download Latest Revision
Public Download Link

Submitter: Nancy Harrison
Group: OASIS Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA) TC
Folder: Meeting Notes
Date submitted: 2013-05-14 05:24:17

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]