OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Groups - DITA TC Meeting Minutes 14 May 2013 uploaded

Submitter's message
Minutes of the OASIS DITA TC
Tuesday, 14 May 2013
Recorded by Dick Hamilton

8:00-8:05 PT Roll call

Regrets: Thilo Buchholz

Approve minutes from previous business meeting:
>> Seconded by Don Day, approved

https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201305/msg00015.html (7 May, Harrison)


Webinar on "Cross-deliverable linking," Wednesday, 15 May at 11 AM ET
Reprise of Eliot Kimber's session at CMS/DITA NA conference
Register at https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/929109353


DITA 1.3 progress
- Progress between 6-12 May, https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201305/msg00016.html (Eberlein)
- Update on deadlines: http://chris.nitchie.com/trellotrack/#511a73d76ee890a51c0007ed
>> ACTION: For anyone with a proposal due in May, check Trello and adjust as needed
- Trello Board: https://trello.com/b/gPKH0OcF

DITA 1.3 proposals, stage 2: http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/DITA_1.3_Proposals-stage2

Ready for discussion:
13092: ph in indexterm (Kimber)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201305/msg00005.html (DITA, uploaded 7 May)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201305/msg00006.html (PDF, uploaded 7 May)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201305/msg00007.html (HTML, uploaded 7 May)
(working vocabulary modules, Kimber)
>> Discussion:
>> Kimber: Allow ph and elements specialized from ph inside indexterm.
>> No questions, will vote next week.

13041: Cross-deliverable linking (Kimber)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201304/msg00071.html (DITA, uploaded 28 April)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201304/msg00072.html (HTML, uploaded 28 April)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201304/msg00070.html (PDF, uploaded 28 April)

Ready for vote: Voting options are "Yes," "No," "No objections," "I
don't understand the proposal," and "I have reservations"
13010: Sort as (Kimber)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201304/msg00066.html (DITA, uploaded 27 April)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201304/msg00067.html (HTML, uploaded 27 April)
>> Move to vote: Kimber, seconded by Stan Doherty.
>> Unanimously accepted. (see tally below)

DITA 1.3 proposals, stage 3: https://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/DITA_1.3_Proposals-stage3
Ready to assign reviewers:

>> ACTION: Reviewers for 13023: Doherty, Day
>> ACTION: Reviewers for 13027: Harrison, Tivy
>> ACTION: Reviewers for 13029: Don Day, Hamilton

ITEM: Update on MathML proposal
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201305/msg00017.html (Anderson, 14 May)

>> Discussion around element names. Need inline and block versions, but
>> more may be needed.
>> What should specialization be named. Possibly MathML or MathML Container.
>> Would also allow alternate markup for equations (e.g., images or LaTeX)
>> within outside markup.
>> Kimber asked for examples for testing.

ITEM: Scoped DITAVAL files?
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201304/msg00063.html (Noz Urbina, 24 April)

>> Is this requirement covered by an existing proposal? Probably yes.
>> ACTION: Anderson: will bring proposal to TC.

NEW ITEM: Clarification of @href or @keyref on element
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201304/msg00015.html (Kimber, 6 April)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201304/msg00016.html (Nitchie, 6 April)

>> @href or @keyref allowed on , but there is no explanation
>> as to the meaning in that context.
>> May be intentionally vague to allow implementation-specific uses.
>> Kimber: Specification should be clear, even if the intention is to leave
>> this open for implementation.
>> ACTION: Anderson: Modify specification to state that this is open for implementators
>> and ensure that @keyref is noted in docs for element.

Continued ITEM: glossref not possible with classifyMap.dtd
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201303/msg00060.html (Tivy, 19 March)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201303/msg00065.html (Kimber, 23 March)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201303/msg00073.html (Tivy, 25 March)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201304/msg00077.html (Tivy, 30 March)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201304/msg00078.html (Kimber, 30 March)

>> Kimber: Update map.dtd (and bookmap.dtd) to include classification map domain.
>> ACTION: Anderson: Treat as bug fix, handled as proposed by Kimber.

Announcement: Starting June 1, Eliot Kimber will be on contract with RSI (instead of employee), but his status as a representative for RSI on the TC will remain the same.

Adjourned at 8:57 PT

Votes: 13010

Anderson y
Bissantz y
Boses y
Day y
Doherty y
Eberlein y
Hackos y
Hamilton y
Harrison y
Kimber y
Magliery y
Meyers y
Nitchie y
Priestley y
Warman y

-- Mr. Richard Hamilton
Document Name: DITA TC Meeting Minutes 14 May 2013

Meeting minutes for 14 May 2013 meeting
Download Latest Revision
Public Download Link

Submitter: Mr. Richard Hamilton
Group: OASIS Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA) TC
Folder: Meeting Notes
Date submitted: 2013-05-14 10:18:24

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]