Subject: Re: [dita] Proposal 13042: @objid Attribute

I agree that the attribute would not be useful to vendors of current CMS systems. However, there is another use-case. Earlier this year I completed a CMS migration project, from one vendor to another, where it would have been useful to have objid available on topic, map, image, and object. As it was, I ended up utilizing the xtrf attribute. Retaining source object IDs upon export was essential for preserving re-use during preconditioning--a "dictionary" substitution on references--for import to the target system. Having objid would help mitigate vendor lock-in by offering a point of inquiry for prospects during the CMS sales process.

While the CMS migration use-case may not be obscure, it certainly isn't commonplace. Therefore, it still makes sense to remove this proposal from 1.3. I simply wished to note the additional use-case for future consideration.

Regards,