Subject: Proposal 13103: Replacement for @print

I have submitted the stage 2 materials for this proposal.

The short form is:

New attribute domain @deliveryTarget, intended to specify the delivery
target a give element is applicable to.

The proposal includes both the attribute domain declarations as well as a
subject scheme map that defines typical values for the attribute as a
taxonomy.

I have tested all three forms of the declarations and the subjectScheme map
with OxygenXML and Open Toolkit.

Note that this proposal does not suggest removing @print from the language
(since we couldn't anyway), but simply provides a more complete alternative.

I have defined it as an attribute domain so that it is easy to choose not to
provide it. I would expect it to be included in any "omnibus" shells (e.g.,
topic.dtd, map.dtd, bookmap.dtd, et. al. from the TechComm package, but not
basemap.dtd or basetopic.dtd.

Cheers,

Eliot

Senior Solutions Architect, RSI Content Solutions
Main: 512.554.9368
www.rsicms.com
www.rsuitecms.com
Book: DITA For Practitioners, from XML Press,
http://xmlpress.net/publications/dita/practitioners-1/