OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Groups - DITA TC Meeting Minutes 18 June 2013 uploaded

Submitter's message
Minutes of the OASIS DITA TC
Tuesday, 18 June 2013
Recorded by N. Harrison

regrets: Mark Myers, Kristen Eberlein (maybe), Adrian Warman, Thilo Buchholz

Standing Business
Minutes from last meeting:
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201306/msg00072.html (11 June, Harrison)
Proposed by Don, seconded by DickH, approved by TC

Subcommittee Reports:
None (Help SC for July 2)


1. DITA 1.3 progress
Progress between 10-June-16 June: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201306/msg00062.html (Eberlein)
Update on current deadlines: http://chris.nitchie.com/trellotrack/#511a73d76ee890a51c0007ed
Trello Board: https://trello.com/b/gPKH0OcF
Don gave an overview; Eliot submitted a bunch of updates to his proposals just before the meeting. Chris noted that there had been a coupe of past due proposals Mark Myers & MichaelP (13121?) that came in this past week.
Also, the Lightweight DITA proposal was due last weekend, but MichaelP is pulling that out of DITA 1.3 to submit as a profile; he needs to update Trello; MichaelP also noted that he owes 'title in map' (13108)

2. DITA 1.3 proposals, stage 2: http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/DITA_1.3_Proposals-stage2

Ready for vote: Voting options are "Yes," "No," "No objections," "I don't understand the proposal," and "I have reservations"

13059a-BranchFilter (Anderson)
Voting Resolts:
yes: Anderson, Bissantz, Doherty, Day, Hackos, Hamilton, Harrison, Helfinstine, Hudson, Kimber, Nitchie, Priestley
No Obj. Magliery
Proposal approved by TC

Ready for discussion:

13059: Managing how metadata attribute values cascade and merge (Anderson)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201306/msg00024.html (HTML, uploaded 7 June)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201306/msg00023.html (PDF, uploaded 7 June)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201306/msg00022.html (DITA, uploaded 7 June)
Robert brought us up to date on discussion; this proposal gives authors a way to decide how metadata cascades in a map. Currently @ values merge, this gives authors a way to control behavior by providing 'merge' and 'nomerge' values for metadata @'s. Apps can give even finer control if they wish. The attribute is named @cascase, but he's not attached to that name.
- Eliot; @cascade will apply to all topicref @'s; is it a global choice?
- Robt; It applies to cascading attributes, but not to @toc, @linking or @print
- Eliot; so it applies to all applicability attributes? That's fine, but what if I just want one attribute to not merge
- Robert; The proposal now has just 2 @s, but the @ is left open for CDATA values so it could be extended.
- Don; what is the behavior for non-normative values? Apps are expected to support normative values, but ignore non-normative ones, so vendors can choose to extend but don't need to. The question is from the content-sharing POV, sharing content between companies. using different tools, so values would be ignored.
- Eliot; I'd like to allow a token @ name syntax, since it seems fairly high utility.
- Chris; I agree, once you have global case, it shouldn't be too hard from the processor end.
- Robert; I think people would like to have 'merge' and 'no-merge' in a selective way as part of the proposal, it will be a widely requested case.
- Chris; It may be OK as is; PTC did it their way because you couldn't have OOTB @s merge, so we specified new conditional @s that had specifically diff. behavior.
- Eliot; If neither IBM nor PTC really needed that kind of extension, the proposal may not need it either.
- There was some continued discussion on interchange implications, but the general sense of the TC was to 'leave well enough alone' wrt theh proposal.
Resolution; TC will vote on this next week

3. DITA 1.3 proposals, stage 3: https://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/DITA_1.3_Proposals-stage3

Reviewer Package for TechComm SC Stage 3 Proposals 13086, 13096, and 13098
TechComm SC Stage 3: Proposals 13086, 13096, and 13098 (DITA) uploaded
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201306/msg00042.html (DITA)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201306/msg00043.html (PDF)
Resolution; vote on this next week

Ready to assign reviewers
13114 (need 'rev' attribute to title) needs reviewers
Joann; do we need to add @rev to , etc as well?
Robert; I don't see a problem with doing so, leaving it out was more of an oversight. The processing isn't an issue. In my opinion, the proposal doesn't need it, but I wouldn't object to it either.
Reviewers were assigned: Don, Stan,

In review:
13111: MathML domain(Owner: Kimber; Reviewers: Anderson and Hamilton; reviewers assigned on 28 May 2013)
13023: New
element (Owner: Kimber; Reviewers: Doherty & Day; reviewers assigned on 14 May 2013)
13027: Allow in more places (Owner: Kimber; Reviewers: Harrison & Tivy; reviewers assigned on 14 May 2013)
13029: Allow in more places (Owner: Kimber; Reviewers: Day & Hamilton; reviewers assigned on 14 May 2013)
13089: learningObjectMap and learningGroupMap (Owner: Myers; Reviewers: Kimber & Hudson; reviewers assigned on ?)
- Don noted that in general, it's important for proposal owners to drive the review;
- Kris; That's definitely how it should be; owners contact reviewers when things are updated.
- Don; So as items get reviewed and are then submitted for next stage, we'll just remove them from this list

Ready for Discussion;
13107: Refined scope and format defaults (Nitchie)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201306/msg00032.html (DITA, uploaded 10 June)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201306/msg00033.html (HTML, uploaded 10 June)
Chris gave an update on this proposal; for Stage 3, there are 2 topics being updated and updated language to give more help to vendors and processors; see new topics. The goal is to minimize the necessity for using @scope and @format, by setting up required defaults; that's done by making requirements of processors.
- Don; any questions?
- Kris; A lot of people out there writing topics will appreciate this
Resolution; vote next week

Ready for vote: Voting options are "Yes," "No," and "Abstain"
None today

4. NEW ITEM: Error in the DITA 1.2 spec: Strict task topic
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201306/msg00044.html (Eberlein)
Just ensure this is logged as a doc fix item
[this is logged; remove from future agendaa]

5. ELIOT's Pick-A-Proposal list (to be categorized into future agendas):

Proposal 13024: Meaningful Values for @type on xref
Proposal 13042: @objid Attribute
Proposal 13103 Replace @print uploaded
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201306/msg00057.html (DITA
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201306/msg00058.html (PDF)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201306/msg00059.html (HTML)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201306/msg00060.html (Toolkit plugin)
Proposal 13105 Data in List
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201306/msg00067.html (DITA)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201306/msg00068.html (HTML)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201306/msg00069.html (PDF)
Proposal 13105: Allow in lists
Stage 2: allows [data> and [data-about> to occur as optional and repeatable first children of all lists
Proposal 13104 @keyref on
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201306/msg00074.html (DITA)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201306/msg00075.html (HTML)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201306/msg00076.html (PDF)
Proposal 13104: Add keyrefs to and
Stage 2:

6. ITEM: Improved Table Accessibility submission for Stage 1
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201305/msg00091.html (Hudson, 28 May)
Note: Follows from this previous discussion:
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201303/msg00085.html (Hudson, 29 March)
TC resumed discussion of this; the main issue with the use of the element .
Robert; We don't need to solve this for stage 1.
Kris; We're all in favor of accessibility, just not sure about this particular model
Robert; That's my sense; it will be a serious issues at stage 2 for it to move forward
Scott; I think i can address this;
Don moved to accept proposal for stage 1, seconded by Nancy, approved by TC.
Resolution; accepted as Stage 1, Scott will arrange for assigning a proposal number.

7. NEW ITEM: Integrating the W3C ITS locNote into DITA 1.3: Options
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201306/msg00021.html (Jirka Josek, 6 June)
[closed by virtue of 1.3 not taking any more proposals]

8. NEW ITEM: Proposing a database domain for DITA
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita-comment/201306/msg00000.html (Steve Fogel, Oracle, June 5)
[closed by virtue of 1.3 not taking any more proposals]

9. Continuing item: DITA TC processes for creating OASIS-branded documents/Contains and Contains By tables

Update from Robert Anderson, Mark Meyers, and others who participated in offline discussion?
"Chunked" spec packages will require different versions of the tables for each package ...

closed at 11:55

-- Nancy Harrison
Document Name: DITA TC Meeting Minutes 18 June 2013

No description provided.
Download Latest Revision
Public Download Link

Submitter: Nancy Harrison
Group: OASIS Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA) TC
Folder: Meeting Notes
Date submitted: 2013-06-24 11:52:14

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]