Subject: Re: [dita] keyref and -dita-use-conref-target

It was certainly my intent that all the conref rules would apply to keyref
attribute merging, so I would say the answer to your questions is "yes".

In the case of specifying @scope on an xref via key, that must be user error
because the author of the xref cannot know, in the general case, anything
about how the key is defined for a given use of the topic that contains the
xref and therefore specifying any value for @scope or @format must be wrong.

We could codify that case by saying that when the key is resolvable values
for @scope and @format on the element making the key reference are ignored.
But I'm sure I never considered that case at the time (because why would you
do that?).