Subject: Re: [dita] Review of Proposals 13010 and 13031

Overline is not restricted to formulas, that's just one obvious use.
Overline is a common convention in semiconductor content to indicate details
about registers and pins and whatnot. You can also see it as providing
symmetry with underline and line-through, that is, providing the third
option for where a line can go relative to the characters.

On 7/15/13 1:35 AM, "Buchholz, Thilo" <thilo.buchholz@sap.com> wrote:

> Hello Eliot,
>
> I did review both proposals they are well done and I am fine with them.
>
> The only question I had was about the semantics of ³overline² in proposal
> 13031. If this is restricted to formulas I would prefer not to allow it
> outside of the mathml integration.
>
> BR Thilo
>
> Dr. Thilo Buchholz
> Chief Knowledge Transfer Architect and SAP Internal Coach
> Knowledge Productization Services
> SAP AG
> T   +49/62 27/76 13 31
> M  +49/170/2 20 01 17
>
> Searching for SAP Internal Coaches?
> <https://ipp.wdf.sap.corp/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/zwdm4u_coach?sap-language=en>

Senior Solutions Architect, RSI Content Solutions
Main: 512.554.9368
www.rsicms.com
www.rsuitecms.com
Book: DITA For Practitioners, from XML Press,
http://xmlpress.net/publications/dita/practitioners-1/