OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Groups - DITA TC Meeting Minutes 9 July 2013 uploaded

Submitter's message
[revision including action item related to 13105]

Minutes of the OASIS DITA TC
Tuesday, 9 July 2013
Recorded by N. Harrison, D. Hamilton, and D. Day

regrets: Kris Eberlein, Tom Magliery, Mark Myers, Thilo Buchholz, Stan Doherty (probable) ,

Standing Business
Minutes from last meeting:
https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita/download.php/49815/minutes20130702.txt (2 July, Harrison)
Proposed by Don, seconded by DickH, approved by TC

AMALGAMATED MINUTES (for ease of research):
Intro: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201307/msg00052.html
Aug-Dec 2011: https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=49821&wg_abbrev=dita
Jan-Dec 2012: https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=49822&wg_abbrev=dita
Jan-Jun 2013: https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=49823&wg_abbrev=dita

Subcommittee Reports:
None; TechComm SC for 6 Aug.


1. DITA 1.3 progress
Progress between 1-7 July: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201307/msg00061.html (Eberlein)
Update on current deadlines: http://chris.nitchie.com/trellotrack/#511a73d76ee890a51c0007ed
Trello Board: https://trello.com/b/gPKH0OcF
Don asked for comments on the above documents and web artifacts
MichaelP noted that he is pulling back on proposal 13108 (adding a title to topicref); he doesn't think it needs to be in 1.3
Bob Thomas will be sending out the troubleshooting proposals; they should be ready for discussion next week.

2. DITA 1.3 proposals, stage 2:

Holding area for "Ready for discussion"

Proposal 13105: Allow data element within lists (Kimber)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201306/msg00067.html (DITA, uploaded 18 June)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201306/msg00068.html (HTML, uploaded 18 June)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201306/msg00069.html (PDF, uploaded 18 June)
- Joann noted, wrt this item, that the TechComm SC met recently and felt this addition would overly complicate the task model. At least in the tech. comm space, there doesn't seem to be a use for this, and if implemented, everyone would have to constrain their data models to remove it..
- Eliot not being here to respond, MichaelP noted that data is already allowed in lots of places, this just adds one more.
- Robert; The proposal doesn't allow data as a direct child of step, just as a child of cmd or info.
- Chris; This is a way of future-proofing the specification.
- Don; One use case for this: it's common for lists to be marked up in HTML as targets for tabbed content; this would be useful if one is used that way for a Learning&Training scenario.
ACTION ITEM: Don will send an example of the above use case to Joann.
Resolution; continue discussion of this next week.

Ready for vote: Voting options are "Yes," "No," "No objections," "I don't understand the proposal," and "I have reservations"

Proposal 13103: Deprecate @print and replace with more general mechanism (Kimber)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201306/msg00057.html (DITA, uploaded 17 June)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201306/msg00058.html (PDF, uploaded 17 June)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201306/msg00059.html (HTML, uploaded 17 June)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201306/msg00060.html (Toolkit plugin, uploaded 17 June)

Yes: Day, Anderson, Hackos, Hamilton, Nitchie, Harrison, Bissantz, Boses, Helfinstine, Hudson, Priestley, Warman
Moved by Don, seconded by Joann, accepted unanimously

Ready for discussion:

Proposal 13104: Enable keyref for object and param elements (Kimber)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201306/msg00074.html (DITA, uploaded 18 June)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201306/msg00075.html (HTML, uploaded 18 June)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201306/msg00076.html (PDF, uploaded 18 June)
This was discussed fairly thoroughly last week, and was continued only because it hadn't been out long enough for folks to read; No one had any additional comments.
Resolution; this will be votd on next week.

Proposal 62: Table accessibility (Hudson)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201306/msg00130.html (DITA, uploaded 26 June)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201306/msg00131.html (HTML, uploaded 26 June)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201306/msg00129.html (PDF, uploaded 26 June)
Scott went over the changes he's made in response to the comment he got on this proposal from Robert Anderson and Kris Eberlein:
- allow @rowheader attribute in colspec element
- allow @scope attribute in entry element
- allow @headers attribute in entry element
- Use desc element for table summary
- Identified changes required to tools (not just OT, but general)
- changed xml:id to id to use existing id element
Note: the unusual number for this proposal (62, rather than 13xxx) is because of a move to using Trello numbers for new proposals
Resolution: this will be voted on next week.

3. DITA 1.3 proposals, stage 3:
Stage 3 review process: Responsibilities of proposal owner and reviewers
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201306/msg00126.html (Eberlein, 25 June)

Reviewers needed:

13010: Add a sort-as element
(Owner: Kimber; Reviewers assigned on 26 June and 2 July: Buchholtz, Scott Hudson, Tom Magliery, and TBD)
Added D Hamilton as reviewer

13044: Extend content model of data element to allow %basic.ph rather than %words.cnt
(Owner: Kimber; Reviewers assigned on 2 July: Tom Magliery, Michael Boses, TBD)
Added D Day as reviewer

13112: RelaxNG for DITA vocabulary
(Owner: Kimber; Reviewers assigned on 25 June and 2 July: Anderson, Hudson & TBD)

13119: New domain for SVG support
(Owner: Kimber; Reviewers assigned on 25 June and 2 July: Bissantz and TBD)
Added J Hackos & N Harrison as reviewers

13004: Scoped keys
Per request: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201307/msg00060.html (Nitchie, 8 July)
Owner: Nitchie; Reveiwers assigned on 2 July and X: TBD)
Added D Helfinstine & E Kimber as reviewers

In review:
13092: Allow ph element within indexterm (Owner: Kimber; Reviewers: Doherty & Hackos; reviewers assigned on 26 June)
13116: Add cite element to the content model of title and similar elements (Owner: Kimber; Reviewers: Hackos & Bob Thomas; reviewers assigned on 26 June & 28 June 2013)
13117: Add xref to the content model for shortdesc (Owner: Kimber; Reviewers: Bissantz & Hackos; reviewers assigned on 25-26 June)
13031: Add element for strikeouts (line-through) to highlighting domain (Kimber; Reviewers: Harrison, Hackos, & Buchholtz; reviewers assigned on 26 June)
13041: Facility for key-based, cross-deliverable referencing (Kimber; Reviewers: Nitchie and Tivy; reviewers assigned on 25 June)
13118: New domain for Ruby markup (Kimber; Reviewers: Harrison and Hamilton; reviewers assigned on ?)
13111: MathML domain(Owner: Kimber; Reviewers: Anderson and Hamilton; reviewers assigned on 28 May 2013; materials made available ?)
13023: New div element (Owner: Kimber; Reviewers: Doherty & Day; reviewers assigned on 14 May 2013; materials made available ?)
13027: Allow draft-comment in more places (Owner: Kimber; Reviewers: Harrison & Tivy; reviewers assigned on 14 May 2013; materials made available ?)
13029: Allow text in more places (Owner: Kimber; Reviewers: Day & Hamilton; reviewers assigned on 14 May 2013; materials made available ?)

Ready for vote: Voting options are "Yes," "No," and "Abstain"

Proposal 13114: Add @rev attribute to title (Hackos)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201307/msg00011.html (DITA, uploaded 1 July)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201307/msg00010.html (HTML, uploaded 1 July)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201307/msg00009.html (PDF, uploaded 1 July)
Yes: Day, Anderson, Hackos, Hamilton, Nitchie, Harrison, Bissantz, Boses, Helfinstine, Hudson, Priestley, Warman
Moved by Joann, seconded by Don, accepted unanimously

1. NEW ITEM: Question about overline declaration scope
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201307/msg00055.html (JoAnn for Eliot)
- Hackos: is this already covered in MathML?
- Day: May be semantically different, so may still be needed separately.
Resolution: Leave open for now.
ACTION (Day): Ask Eliot Kimber if this is the case.

closed at noon

-- Nancy Harrison
Document Name: DITA TC Meeting Minutes 9 July 2013

No description provided.
Download Latest Revision
Public Download Link

Submitter: Nancy Harrison
Group: OASIS Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA) TC
Folder: Meeting Notes
Date submitted: 2013-07-16 07:55:31
Revision: 1

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]