OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Groups - DITA TC Meeting Minutes 23 July 2013 uploaded

Submitter's message
note following action items:
- Rob Thomas will update troubleshooting topic proposal with requests from TC discussion and resubmit.
- TC member will review Trello board and update deadlines as necessary


Minutes of the OASIS DITA TC
Tuesday, 23 July 2013
Recorded by N. Harrison

regrets: Kris Eberlein

Standing Business
Minutes from last meeting:
https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita/download.php/49963/minutes20130709.txt (9 July, Harrison, Hamilton, & Day)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201307/msg00081.html (16 July, Nancy Harrison)
[both] Proposed by Don, seconded by MikeB, approved by TC

AMALGAMATED MINUTES (for ease of research):
Intro: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201307/msg00052.html
Aug-Dec 2011: https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=49821&wg_abbrev=dita
Jan-Dec 2012: https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=49822&wg_abbrev=dita
Jan-Jun 2013: https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=49823&wg_abbrev=dita

Subcommittee Reports:
None; TechComm SC for 6 Aug.


1. DITA 1.3 progress
Progress between 1-7 July: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201307/msg00061.html (Eberlein)
Update on current deadlines: http://chris.nitchie.com/trellotrack/#511a73d76ee890a51c0007ed
Trello Board: https://trello.com/b/gPKH0OcF
Don asked ChrisN about the Trello board; Chris didn't think there was anything significant. #13004 (he is owner) is past due, but he's working on some other things. #13102 (release mgmt. markup from TechComm SC) due 7/30
Eliot noted that he's getting lots of feedback from various reviewers, and making progress incorporating review comments.
Don suggested that we begin to start queueing up Eliot's proposals for stage 3
Joann noted that #13102 is progressing, but won't be ready 7/30, it should be ready 8/6.
Eliot will take a look at troubleshooting proposals
Don; The troubleshooting proposals were uploaded to the TechComm SC site, not the general TC site, so regular TC members didn't see them; he requested that any proposals owned by a SC be uploaded to the regular TC site for review.

2. DITA 1.3 proposals, stage 2:

Holding area for "Ready for discussion"
(placeholder for next up in the queue)

Ready for vote: Voting options are "Yes," "No," "No objections," "I don't understand the proposal," and "I have reservations"

Proposal 13105: Allow within lists (Kimber)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201306/msg00067.html (DITA, uploaded 18 June)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201306/msg00068.html (HTML, uploaded 18 June)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201306/msg00069.html (PDF, uploaded 18 June)
This has been discussed for two weeks; ready for vote today?
Joann noted that it had been discussed at the TechComm SC meeting and everyone was satisfied.
Eliot moved the proposal, seconded by MikeB,

Yes: Day, Anderson, Bissantz, Boses, Doherty, Hackos, Hamilton, Helfinstine, Kimber, Myers, Nitchie, Warman
NoObj. Harrison, Magliery

Ready for discussion:

Proposal 13120: Vocabulary for publishing process details (Kimber)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201306/msg00093.html (Kimber, implementation details not previously discussed)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201306/msg00089.html (DITA, uploaded 20 June)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201306/msg00090.html (HTML, uploaded 20 June)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201306/msg00091.html (PDF, uploaded 20 June)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201306/msg00092.html (Toolkit plugin, uploaded 20 June)
- Don; This was initially discussed last week; it's formally on discussion schedule for today
- Eliot gave a brief overview; this is a vocabulary that can go in a map that captures details that describe a particular deliverable instance generated by a root map, e.g. target format, any ditavals, any keydefs, etc. It represents a specific output instance for a specific root map. It is a map specialization that is used as an intermediate stage in processing. It can also be used by other deliverables that want to link to this instance, even across disparate processing systems. Basically, the maps using this vocabulary only exist in the intrmediate state. only used for interoperability of proessing.
- Robert; Eliot mentioned a new map doctype; will these have impacts on current doctypes, or will they only show up in the new doctypes
- Eliot; this vocabulary will only be used in the intermediate set of maps, which would use these doctypes
Resolution; TC will vote on this next week.

Proposal 13097: New troubleshooting topic (Rob Thomas, submitted to TechComm list on 5 July)
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=49846&wg_abbrev=dita-techcomm (DITA)
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=49847&wg_abbrev=dita-techcomm (HTML)
https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=49848&wg_abbrev=dita-techcomm (PDF)
- Don; given that TC is seeing this for first time today, Rob can give overview
- Rob; This topic type is set up to facilitate remedial action. It Specifies a problem, likely cause and suggested remedy.
The sections condition, cause, remedy are specializations of section. The remedy takes the steps section from task. using MichaelP's new 1.3 feature reusing structural specializations. It also allows repeatable sets of remedy steps.
- Eliot; Would make sense to have condition/cause/remedy glued together?
Joann; you can have a condition that has more than one possible cause.
- Eliot; Yes, but any cause is associated with a specific condition
- Rob; There would be an expectation that topic applies to one condition, with groups of cause/remedy.
- Eliot; So do we want to require a wrapper around cause/remedy group?
- Rob; My hunch is that in over half the cases, there won't be a fallback, so wrapper would be excess. The main use of a wrapper is to facilitate conref'ing (e.g. final fallback remedy could be 'contact technical support')
- Eliot; My question is will authors wonder when they should use a wrapper, and when they shouldn't, if it isn't required.
- Rob; That could be an issue, we may have a similar issue with section maybe it would make sense to have condition*, {cause/remedy}*
- Eliot; when I see a sequence of pairs, I think they should be wrapped
- MichaelP; if we need a content model change, that's a design change and we need to see an updated stage 2 proposal before we vote on it.
- MichaelP; does your proposal reflect feedback from Dan Dionne of IBM?
- Rob; yes, it does.
- JimT; did you get any feedback on language condition/cause/remedy. I've seen observation/test/cause/action, etc... what about decision trees?
- Joann; Jim, that's the language we have in the proposals; we feel that all of these work; the title would be up to the information model of an organization
- JimT; in a decision tree, you tend to reuse portions, or of a directed graph?, more links
- Joann; in the 'symptom' module, that's a graph.
- Don; the issue will be whose terminology will be used;
- Joann; in the SC, we decided this was as general as we could get. And you can display your own titles as well
- Eliot; Also, there's also choicetables that are allowed in step, so that can be used to capture if/then statements.
- Don; Has the SC thought about getting this connected to the troubleshooting that's currently in the repository?
- MichaelP; I'm hoping there will be a mapping; the connection with Dan Dionne was specifically to get that. Would it be too much trouble to flesh that out, actually indicate the correspondence?
- Rob; I did that, so I'll look at my notes
- MichaelP; if we do that, we can change the one in the repository, then we'll have a real story; please take a crack at that.
- Robert; Looking at the proposal, I'm not seeing a definition of condition element.
- Joann; Isn't that stage 3?
- Robert; No, stage 2 should be a complete design
- Rob; I'll incorporate it.
Resolution; resume discussion next week; Rob will update proposal with suggestions

meeting closed at 11:59
-- Nancy Harrison
Document Name: DITA TC Meeting Minutes 23 July 2013

No description provided.
Download Latest Revision
Public Download Link

Submitter: Nancy Harrison
Group: OASIS Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA) TC
Folder: Meeting Notes
Date submitted: 2013-07-24 05:53:19

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]