OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Groups - DITA TC Meeting Minutes 6 Aug 2013 uploaded

Submitter's message
Action Item: Kris asked all TC members to review the release management proposals for 13 Aug meeting

Minutes of the OASIS DITA TC
Tuesday, 6 August 2013
Recorded by N. Harrison

regrets: JoAnn Hackos, Tom Magliery, Mark Myers, Michael Priestley

Standing Business
Minutes from last meeting:
https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita/download.php/50159/TC_Minutes_07-30-2013.txt (30 July, Stan Doherty) [both]
Proposed by Kris, seconded by Adrian, approved by TC

Subcommittee Reports:
TechComm SC
Stan reported; the SC is getting through its stage 2 proposals, in particular the troubleshooting topic and release mgmt proposals. Some stage 3 proposals are also being worked on. On the longer horizon, SC members want to look at revitalizing the SC by figuring out what it should do after 1.3, by determining current DITA pain points and issues in the TechComm community that aren't fixed by 1.3 work.


1. DITA 1.3 progress
Progress between 29 July and August 4: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201308/msg00007.html (Eberlein)
Update on current deadlines: http://chris.nitchie.com/trellotrack/#511a73d76ee890a51c0007ed
Trello Board: https://trello.com/b/gPKH0OcF
Kris went over the progress; there was nothing new to add to the information in the links themselves.

2. DITA 1.3 proposals, stage 2: http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/DITA_1.3_Proposals-stage2

Holding area for "Ready for discussion"
Proposal 13112: RelaxNG for DITA vocabulary (Kimber)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201306/msg00082.html (DITA, uploaded 19 June 2013)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201306/msg00084.html (PDF, uploaded 19 June 2013)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201306/msg00083.html (HTML, uploaded 19 June 2013)
Eliot wan't on the call, so this was postponed

Ready for vote:

Ready for discussion:
Proposal 13060: Context Sensitive Help (Help SC)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201307/msg00101.html (DITA, uploaded 31 July)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201307/msg00102.html (HTML, uploaded 31 July)
Proposal 13061: UA Window Definition (Help SC)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201307/msg00103.html (DITA, uploaded 31 July)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201307/msg00104.html (HTML, uploaded 31 July)

Stan gave an overview covering both 13060 and 13061:
13060 and 13061 address two major pain points for the online help community, connecting context IDs with the topics that need to pop up as context-sensitive help for them, and opening the pop-up topics in the correct place on the screen. Currently, the semantic for taking DITA-authored content for major help UAs requires a lot of post-processing because unlike standard help-authoring systems like Robohelp, we can't capture a lot of the metadata required for context hooks (content IDs) and window placement.
#13060 focuses on context IDs; it adds metadata to maps and topics. It's a specialized verion of resourceid, and will be a domain specialization.
#13061 focuses on maps and deals with window placement (the 'viewport') so it will be optimally placed; it identifies, names and places a window so it will appear optimally.
Resolution; TC will vote on both of these proposals next week

Proposal 13097: New troubleshooting topic (Bob Thomas, submitted to TechComm list on 5 July)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201307/msg00098.html (Updates for 30 July)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201308/msg00008.html (Dan Dionne, forwarded by Eberlein)
[Discussion resumed with Dan Dionne's (IBM) input]
- Bob Thomas gave a summary of his interaction with Dan Dionne; Dan has a concern that the use of requiring multiple troublehooting solutions, a recent change to the proposal made at Eliot's suggestion, wouldn't be compatible with IBM's method. Eliot was willing to not require solution. Dan also had concerns about the remedy element; he thought it contained the entire task omdel (which it does not); he also worried that its tsdiagnose/tsresolve would have to include steps and stepsunordered; Bob thinks he can use section-content instead of remedy.
- Kris; i'm willing to lead a discussion to bring the SC and IBM to agreement on this.
- BobT; There were a couple of other issues; Dan had some questions about the responsibleparty element (a specialization of 'data'). Bob now thinks it needs to be a specialization of 'p' so it will be compatible with the IBM elements. Another issue is the question of whether topictitle should be available thruout remedy. Bob doesn't think that every section should have title available for authoring, but that's a general DITA issue, not specific to this proposal.
- Stan; It sounds like it's not the TC with a problem, but one constituent company. There should be one point of contact from them to deal with it. I'd argue that IBM should designate a point person.
- Don; That's Dan.
- Kris; Early on in the troubleshooting discussion, we did have input from a number of folks
- Bob; the IBM specialization isn't compliant with current DITA architecture, because it was created early in the DITA life cycle.
There was a discussion on how to get Dan and other IBM folks together for a discussion; maybe a phone call?

3. DITA 1.3 proposals, stage 3: https://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/DITA_1.3_Proposals-stage3

Stage 3 review process: Responsibilities of proposal owner and reviewers
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201306/msg00126.html (Eberlein, 25 June)

Reviewers needed

Ready for discussion
Proposal 13118: New domain for Ruby markup (Kimber; reviewed by Harrison and Hamilton)
Eliot not on call, so postponed.

Ready for vote:

4. ITEM: E-mail to dita-comment list
Key processing support for "-dita-use-conref-target2 value
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201306/msg00123.html (Jarno Elvirta, 24 June 2013)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201307/msg00034.html (Anderson, 2 July)

Kris asked all TC members to review the TechComm release mgmt proposal to prepare for next week.

meeting closed at 11:32

-- Nancy Harrison
Document Name: DITA TC Meeting Minutes 6 Aug 2013

No description provided.
Download Latest Revision
Public Download Link

Submitter: Nancy Harrison
Group: OASIS Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA) TC
Folder: Meeting Notes
Date submitted: 2013-08-09 10:37:24

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]