Subject: Groups - DITA TC Meeting Minutes 24 Sept 2013 uploaded

Submitter's message
Action Items:
1. All proposal owners of proposals that need Stage 3 approval need to review their status and give an estimate on Trello of when their proposals will be ready for Stage 3 review.
2. TC needs to review proposals 13097 & 13004 together.
3. TC members all need to read proposal 13004 and think about its description of keys and the way keys are described in the spec.
4. TC needs to revisit changes to the spec in this area, wrt these 2 proposals.

Minutes of the OASIS DITA TC
Tuesday, 24 September 2013
Recorded by N. Harrison

regrets: JoAnn Hackos, Eliot Kimber

Standing Business
=================
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201309/msg00042.html (16 September, Nancy Harrison)
Proposed by Kris, seconded by Dick, approved by TC

Subcommittee Reports
none (Semiconductor SC October)

Announcements:
none

Business
========
1. Who will miss the 22 October TC meeting? (LavaCon)
Don, Kris, Dick, Nancy, Tom will all be out that day.
TC meeting will be canceled, since both TC chairs and TC sec'y will all be absent.

2. DITA 1.3 progress
Progress: 2-22 September2013 https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201309/msg00053.html (Eberlein, 23 September)
Update on current deadlines: http://chris.nitchie.com/trellotrack/#511a73d76ee890a51c0007ed
Trello Board: https://trello.com/b/gPKH0OcF
Kris; substantial progress made in the last couple of weeks, including 11 of Eliot's proposal passing Stage 3, and all Stage 2 proposals moved to Stage 3.

3. DITA 1.3 proposals, stage 3: https://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/DITA_1.3_Proposals-stage3

Review of current proposals: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201309/msg00054.html
13106 (Swope); According to John Hunt, this is pretty much ready to go.
13056, 13059, 13059a (Anderson); Robert's goal is to get them in by the end of Oct.
13121 (Priestley); this is a prereq for 13097 (troubleshooting) so it's really critical (Michael wasn't on the call).
62 (Hudson); Scott is targeting end of Oct.
13060/61 (Doherty); Stan will go to the next Help SC meeting and suggest end of Oct. as a deadline for this work. He will also continue with plans for an info session to go over the stage 3 process.
13102 (Cihak); Stan (representing TechComm SC) will discuss with SC, and aim for end of Oct.
13001 (Helfinstine); David not on call
13041, 13103, 13104, 13112, 13119, 13120 (Kimber); Eliot not on call

***ActionItem: All proposal owners of proposals that need Stage 3 approval need to review their status and give an estimate on Trello of when their proposals will be ready for Stage 3 review.

Ready for vote: Voting options are "Yes," "No," and "Abstain"

Proposal 13089, Stage 3, Add learningObjectMap and learningGroupMap (Mark Meyers)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201309/msg00037.html (PDF)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201309/msg00038.html (DITA)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201309/msg00039.html (HTML)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201309/msg00040.html (plugin, DITA-OT (non-normative))
Proposal moved by Mark, 2nded by Scott, approved by TC

Yes votes: Anderson, Doherty, Eberlein, Hamilton, Harrison, Hudson, Myers, Nitchie, Warman
Abstain: Bissantz, Magliery

Ready for discussion:
Proposal 13004: Scoped keys (Nitchie)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201309/msg00047.html (HTML, uploaded 20 September)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201309/msg00048.html (DITA, uploaded 20 September)
Chris gave an overview; the stage 3 proposal is simply a formal description of what we discussed at stage 2. Note that it has a dependency on 13097 (cross-deliverable linking). Eliot has already submitted that proposal for stage 3. Where a mapref and a map both define a keyref, some of the cross-deliverable linking depends on how they're resolved.

***ActionItem; TC needs to review those 2 proposals - 13097 & 13004 - together.

Kris; one 1.3 work item is fixing the way keys are discussed in the spec. I'm wondering whether in this proposal, as part of re-working of existing spec docs, you got a sense of what kind of rework needs to happen in this area?
Chris; one key space contains definitions of other spaces, or is it actually different key spaces? The conceptual model discussed in the spec needs to be consistent. As far as overhauling the definition of keys in the spec, it's been hard to see the forest for the trees.
***ActionItem; TC members all need to read proposal and think about description of keys, in proposal and in spec.
***ActionItem; TC needs to revisit changes to the spec in this area, wrt these 2 proposals.
Kris asked Robert to make sure Michael knows about these action items.
Robert said he's pinged Michael to review this.
ChrisN is also giving a presntation of scoped keys at DITAEurope

4. DITA 1.3 planning
- E-mail sent by Eberlein, 28 May 2013
- Lists tasks that must be completed before DITA 1.3 content can be locked down
- Attached PowerPoint presentation covers OASIS processes; a PDF is at https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita/download.php/50807/Planning-DITA-1.3.pdf
- https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201305/msg00084.html
(in link, list of non-proposal open work items for 1.3.)

Kris reviewed items from her [long] list of tasks.
Stan; do you see any way to break the list into groups of related tasks that we could create committees to address?
Kris; I don't know about committees, but we could definitely break it up; if you (stan) are willing to look at that with me, that would be good.
Stan; One group of tasks is the set related to build/tools,
Nancy; I'd be willing to work on that too.
Kris; anyone else interested in helping with that?
Robert; I'm interested in some of that
Kris; Robert, I already consider you on the hook for some of those :-)
Kris; if anyone is aware of tools we could use, please let us know, e.g.
1. a tool to zip up everything referenced by spec. We need something better than the tool we used last time. (Kris thinks there's a tool by Salamander, but doesn't know if it handles keys; there's also a SuiteSolutions tool, but it definitely doesn't handles keys.)
2. a mechanism for us to conduct reviews (Eliot had a suggestion); may need a TC volunteer to investigate and report back Adrian??

Kris then went over her lists and her slides of the OASIS process. The total time required between completing proposal work and releasing a new standard is 27 weeks; if there are any glitches, we'd have to start all over again.
Stan; as I recall, we did some pre-vetting of TC members before it actually went out for a vote.

5. Other business: Who will be at DITAEurope (Nov 18, 19)?
Chris, Tom

meeting closed at 11:59

-- Nancy Harrison
Document Name: DITA TC Meeting Minutes 24 Sept 2013

No description provided.
Download Latest Revision
Public Download Link

Submitter: Nancy Harrison