Subject: Groups - DITA TC Meeting Minutes 15 Oct 2013 uploaded

Submitter's message
Minutes of the OASIS DITA TC
Tuesday, 15 October 2013
Recorded by N. Harrison

regrets: none

Standing Business
=================
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201310/msg00042.html (for 8 October, Nancy Harrison)
Proposed by Kris, seconded by Chris, approved by TC

Subcommittee Reports
Semiconductor SC: Bob Beims
The status of SC work output hasn't changed since last report. The SC continues to be a small group; Freescale, with deep adoption over the last few years, is the only one well into using the technoology. One other company is just coming up to speed, but recently no one in the SC has had a lot of bandwidth to go in and work on the spec.
However, Bob has recently had discussions with an open source tool vendor to see how the SIDSC specialization works with other semicon industry standards. Since there doesn't seem to be any conflict - there had been some misperception in industry that SIDSC conflicts with other semiconductor standards - they're interested in it. Their tool already outputs DITA, but could do better with SIDSC. Last week he also talked to another company who intends to join; they just hired a DITA consultant.

Announcements:
Upcoming DITA Adoption TC Webinar "DITA Roles and Responsibilities" 30 October
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201310/msg00028.html (Bissantz)

Business
========
1. Regrets for 22 October TC meeting (LavaCon); do we need to cancel?
Don Day
Kris Eberlein
Dick Hamilton
Nancy Harrison
Tom Magliery canceled this meeting.
Kris

2, Regrets for 19 November (DITA Europe)
JoAnn Hackos
Dick Hamilton
Eliot Kimber
Tom Magliery
Chris Nitchie
We'll wait a bit to decide on whether to cancel this meeting.

3. DITA 1.3 progress
Progress: 23-29 September 2013: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201309/msg00062.html (Eberlein, 29 September)
Update on current deadlines: http://chris.nitchie.com/trellotrack/#511a73d76ee890a51c0007ed
Trello Board: https://trello.com/b/gPKH0OcF
Kris reported briefly: some folks have posted new deadlines on Trello.
Eliot wondered if he needed to rewrite the attribute processing to finish XML domain proposal (13?05)
Kris; all the attribute references are in a single DiTA file, so you don't need to work on the whole transform
Eliot; once I get that sorted out, I can post other proposals as well, especially RelaxNG,
Kris; do you need reviewers for XML domain proposal (about 12 new elements in the domain)?
- Reviewers: TomM, DavidH, and Kris volunteered for XML domain proposal.

4. DITA 1.3 proposals, stage 3

Review of current proposals: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201309/msg00066.html
Any updates from last week's status poll?

Request for reviewers: none

Ready for vote: none

Ready for discussion:
Proposal 13004: Scoped keys (Nitchie) (continued discussion from last week)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201309/msg00047.html (HTML, uploaded 20 September)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201309/msg00048.html (DITA, uploaded 20 September)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201310/msg00005.html (zip, uploaded 2 October, Nitchie)
Resume focus, particularly on Table 5
Scoped keys questions and answers (Magliery & Nitchie, 8 October)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201310/msg00039.html
Chris; TomM had contacted me about some edge cases; they're pretty abstruse, but helped me work out some detailed pieces of the implementation. Tom, did my answers make sense to your team?
Tom; I think so. No one's asked questions, but we haven't discussed it yet either. I brought the question up because while I think we're fine with the spec language, I can't say I understand all the details around keys. I think some of these edge case issues need to be clarified in the spec, so it can be used by implementors.
Chris; they were good questions, my thought is to adapt them into add'l examples for the keys spec, e.g. 'there's no such thing as a non-contiguous key space'.
Nancy; plus an explanation of 'non-contiguous key space'
Kris; i really think we should add all these new examples to the spec, because we have nothing else in the spec relating to key scopes. It will clarify the scope language; we do it for keys, and need it for scoped keys
Resolution; continue discussion on 13004 to 10/29 while Chris modifies it to add additional examples.

5. DITA 1.3 infrastructure:
Antenna House licenses
Ability to build PDFs
Kris noted that she hadn't done much of this last week. She and Robert now have AntennaHouse licenses, and are running builds
Robert; we have some new versions of the contains/contained by tables and some different packages.
Kris; we're especially looking at page counts, for contains/contained by tables and attribute tables; we're trying to reduce page count
Robert; just the contains/contained by info is >300 pages. I suspect @ tables are a bit more than that. So we're trying to figure out how to reduce page count without reducing usability; John Hunt made one really go suggestion, which we've implemented.

6. Other;
Nancy will be out on 29th; Dick will do minutes

Scott; I uploaded docs for proposal 62 - table accessability - but I need
- reviewers; Eliot & Stan wolunteered

Tom Cihak; Release Mgmt proposal is ready for review;
-reviewers; Don volunteered, Kris will put out a call on TC mailing list for 2nd reviewer

closed at 11:39

-- Nancy Harrison
Document Name: DITA TC Meeting Minutes 15 Oct 2013

No description provided.
Download Latest Revision
Public Download Link

Submitter: Nancy Harrison