Subject: Re: [dita] scope attribute on <entry> from proposal 62

Hi Robert,

The inclusion of the scope attribute implies that the entry is a header for the given scope. So, an entry with scope=“row” would be considered the header for the row it is contained within. An entry with scope=“col” would be considered the header for the column that contains that header entry.

The rowgroup and colgroup would apply for a span of rows or columns as appropriate.

The scope attribute will likely not be used by itself in a complex table (it would be fine for a simple table), but would also anticipate that the headers attribute be applied to clearly indicate the header id that covers individual entries.

Hope this helps.

Thanks and best regards,

--Scott
Scott Hudson   |   PELCO  by Schneider Electric   |   United States  |   Standards Lead
Phone:
 +1 970 282 1952  |  Mobile: +1 720 369 2433