Subject: Re: [dita] Clarification about note/@type update for troubleshooting

In DITA 1.2 all note types were defined for the hazard statement, along with the othertype attribute. Does this mean that all values other than the 4 JoAnn listed should be documented as "do not use"?

For reference, the DITA 1.2 definition:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/dita/v1.2/os/spec/langref/hazardstatement.html#hazardstatement__attributes

Robert D Anderson
IBM Authoring Tools Development
Chief Architect, DITA Open Toolkit (http://dita-ot.sourceforge.net/)

Inactive hide details for JoAnn Hackos ---12/18/2013 16:52:24---I agree completely. An "official" hazard statement that meets EJoAnn Hackos ---12/18/2013 16:52:24---I agree completely. An "official" hazard statement that meets EU rules will be only danger, warning,

From: JoAnn Hackos <joann.hackos@comtech-serv.com>
To: Robert D Anderson/Rochester/IBM@IBMUS, Bob Thomas <bob.thomas@tagsmiths.com>,
Cc: dita <dita@lists.oasis-open.org>
Date: 12/18/2013 16:52

I agree completely. An "official" hazard statement that meets EU rules will be only danger, warning, caution, and notice. Nothing else is permitted.

JoAnn

JoAnn T. Hackos, PhD
President
Comtech Services Inc.
710 Kipling Street, Suite 400
Denver, CO 80215
Joann.hackos@comtech-serv.com
303-232-7586

Comtech Logo 2005 small

CIDM will be hosting the Content Management Strategies/DITA NA Conference 2014 in Seattle, Washington April 28-30. More information at:
http://www.cm-strategies.com/2014/index.htm