Subject: Re: [dita] keyref attribute on non-titled non-linked container elements

If the Bookmap design allowed anything other than <bookmap> as the root of
a <bookmap> map, it would be reasonable to have submaps rooted at
<frontmatter>, <backmatter>, etc. and therefore reasonable to allow
references from those topicrefs.

However, because Bookmap does not allow for this, I think it's reasonable
to disallow references from any topicref specialization that is
fundamentally a grouping element and not intended to refer to a resource.

Cheers,

Eliot

—————
Eliot Kimber, Owner