Subject: RNG-to-DTD and XSD Status

I have implemented the initial DTD and XSD generation process such that
the resulting DTDs and XSDs for basetopic and basemap correctly validate
my test documents.

I am now setting up a continuous integration server to test the
transforms. I have a working Jenkins build that does just the generation
and I'm working on setting up validation of the output.

I'm using CloudBees as the Jenkins server (cloudbees.com). CloudBees
offers free Jenkins servers for non-commercial use. I'm currently doing it
under my drmacro CloudBees user but we could set up a TC-specific
CloudBees account if necessary.

I can make my Jenkins build available to other CloudBees users, so if you
create a CloudBees account I can add you to the build if you want to play
along or at least be able to observe.

I'm out of time to work on this today (Sunday) but I'll return to it on
Monday.

All my materials are committed to the OASIS SVN repository.

The continuous integration process can be configured in many ways, but the
way I'm initially setting it up is such that any commits to the doctypes/
subtree of the SVN repository will trigger the test process. All the
results of the test are then captured as archived artifacts for inspection.

The test process generates the DTDs and XSDs (URN- and URL-based versions)
and then (once I get it set up) validates all the test documents that
we're setting up (my thanks to Scott Hudson for putting together the
initial set of test documents).

I also plan to set up some log analysis so look for things like "unhandled
element" messages from the transforms, but the main tests will simply be
success/fail checks for validation (or non-validation as the case may be).

I can certainly use help setting up test documents and additional test
result analysis (log analyzers, etc.).

I also need to create a complete Schematron for the RNGs
themselves--George Bina created one for his initial RNG effort but that is
now out of date with the final RNG organization and details. My Schematron
skills are weak so if anyone has Schematron fu they'd like to contribute I
would be most appreciative.

Cheers,

Eliot

—————