Subject: Question about learning element

In the 1.2 spec, @value for the lomInteractivityType element declares several values. According to the spec, the allowable values are (Active |Expositive |Mixed |Undefined | -dita-use-conref-target):
http://docs.oasis-open.org/dita/v1.2/os/spec/langref/lomInteractivityType.html

In the DTD and XSD, the values are "active", "expositive", "mixed", and the usual -dita-use-conref-target. There is no value called "undefined".

I've noticed several instances in the Learning and Training topics where the spec gives an upper-case or English language variant of what the DTD/XSD actually allows (for example, where the spec lists a value of "very high" but the DTD/XSD needs the single word variant "veryhigh"). So far I've just corrected those so that the spec matches the implementation.

In this case, the spec lists a value "Undefined" that is not legal in the DTD/XSD. I don't know the learning domain well enough to know if this value is necessary / useful, so I'm not sure what the proper resolution is. Should we add "undefined" to the implementation, or should we remove it from the specification? As always, legal notice, the spec is canonical so "undefined" is legal -- but with no implementation the spec could remove the value while keeping our implementation backwards compatible.

Robert D Anderson
IBM Authoring Tools Development
Chief Architect, DITA Open Toolkit (http://dita-ot.sourceforge.net/)